?'s about Coast to Coast and RPI

shovelguy

Hi again, DH wants to purchase a 'used' C2C membership along with an RPI membership to use as we head out as full timers. Theoretically we would then only have to pay $10 a night at their campgrounds and could stay for 14 days at a time. I need testimonials. Is there anyone out there who will share their experiences with these particular memberships? I want to hear the good, the bad and whatever is inbetween. Thanks in advance. j

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have been members of Coast to Coast, RPI, Western Horizons, Good Sam, Escapees, AOR, Thousand Trails, Freedom Resorts, Camp Club USA, Passport America and KOA Value Card. We have used the Coast to Coast a number of times and have almost always been disappointed in the condition of the parks. We use the Coast to Coast Good Neighbor parks more and those are okay. We use the Camp Club USA and Passport America the most when traveling. We stay at Thousand Trails parks more than anything and can stay there for from up to 28 days with our membership. Escapees has great benefits and you can use that membership for 15 % discounts too. The first group to join IMHO would be Good Sam, then the Passport America and Camp Club USA as they give you 50% discounts, although there are limits. The best value at the present time I think is the region membership now being offered by Thousand Trails. For $499 per year you get a regional membership and can stay at any of their parks for up to 14 days for free with a 7 day out then 14 days etc. Do good research prior to buying and you will be okay

shovelguy

Thanks for the info. We already have Good Sam and Passport America and KOA. Will check into Thousand Trails. j

jdfishing

Hi Dean: Enjoyed meeting and talking to you at Yreka. We joined RPI 6 months ago and haven't had a chance to use it yet, but we were familiar with some of the campgrounds in their system and liked them. The plan we have also allows us to use the Thousand Trails system for $14/night. We also like the 14 day stay provision. Most of the C2C campgrounds I'm familiar with are pretty much bare bones operations with few amenities. Might be fine for an overnighter, but wouldn't use it as a destination. You didn't ask about the other memberships, but we have used ROD the most. The also have a 14/night stay plan. I looked into CAMP USA and way too many restrictions. Often limited to 1/night at 50%. There are often several levels of membership in these camping clubs. Do your research and be careful your buying what you want. You can PM me if you have specific questions. Good luck.