Closet Door Latches

Our new Toyhauler 30RW is 18 days old (literally) and already one of the closet door latches has broken. Does anyone know of a metal or heavier duty replacement to the cheap plastic connectors that join the two pieces?:(

boatdoc

Take the other one off and use about a 4" strip of velcro. It works and the flesh eating door catches are gone.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Totally agree, velcro works better than the garbage latches do at their best

porthole

Retired
Our new Toyhauler 30RW is 18 days old (literally) and already one of the closet door latches has broken. Does anyone know of a metal or heavier duty replacement to the cheap plastic connectors that join the two pieces?:(

Did the latch break or did just the tab pop out? Easy to do if you "lock it" with the door open.

Our trailer is almost 2 years old and over 10000 miles and the only problem I have had is when I slid the door into the closed lock

jpdoggett

I had the same thing happen to our 2011 Landmark Augusta like the first week we had it one of the latchs broke took it off and glue it together working fine, we don't latch them when we are living in it

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
After replacing several times we use the Velcro strip. Works great and no more problems. It is so simple it works.

tmillio

We also had problems with out factory latches breaking on our RW405 our first weekend out camping with it. I bought a couple of replacement latches at Camping World - they are a simpler design - clear plastic, so not as pretty as what comes from the factory - but we've been out several weekends since then and haven't had any problem with those latches. The velcro idea sounds pretty good too!

Brentk23

I am also having problems with the closet door latches. Dealer has replaced them twice now. Camper is still in shop so I have not had a chance to try out new set.