Toy Hauler Tie Downs

Does anyone know where we can get additional tie downs for the RW toy haulers? We want to make sure the Wing is very secure and hubby is not comfortable enough with the ones already there.

jimtoo

Hi JohnLizSmith,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure someone will jump on soon with an answer to your question. I do know others have added tiedowns.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy.

Jim M

porthole

Retired
Does anyone know where we can get additional tie downs for the RW toy haulers? We want to make sure the Wing is very secure and hubby is not comfortable enough with the ones already there.

Tie downs like you already have are available in many places , including ebay. Just search for flush mount or surface mount d-rings.
If you line up the installed tie downs front ot rear you will be over steel channel under the floor. Factory tie downs are held down with self tapping 1/4" screws.

I added "ATB - aluminun track, beveled"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Beve...5fRVQ5fTrailerQ5fCamperQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I have 8' sections down either side and one across teh front. I will be adding one more across the rear.

ditkitty

Our dealer ordered more from the factory for our RW395. We also got wheel chocks from Kuryakyn that don't have to mount to the floor. We can actually fit three Harleys back there if we take the saddlebags off.

Lamphere

We haul ATV's and the tie downs were not in the right spots. We got more at Northern Tool. They come in a pack of 4 or 6 for low cost. My husband used a round drill bit and chisseled out the center to countersink them. Worked great and looks good too.