Serial Numbers

Rodbuster

Good morning,

I have a few questions on serial # locations, and how does the manufacturer handle a claim if a serial # is not produced.

I just purchased a 2012 Heartland Landmark (Key Largo). I am in the process of sending in all my registrations cards to the different manufacturers. There are several serial #'s that I do not have access to or that I just can't find. I'm hoping that some of you can help me.

1) The air conditioner in the living room
2) The air conditioner in the bedroom
3) The serial # for the central vacuum
4) The large TV in the living room (the TV is built in and does not move)
5) The TV in the bedroom ( The mounting plate on the back is covering the plate where the # is located)

I would not expect the dealership or the different manufacturers to start disassembling the RV to find these serial numbers... but on the other hand, I don't want to be denied coverage because the manufacturer says I never sent them the registration card with the appropriate serial numbers.

What should I do?
Rodbuster

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Rodbuster, I've never heard of anyone being denied warranty work as long as you have the VIN from the rig and are going through a Heartland authorized facility. I would also hope that Heartland has these serial numbers available on the build sheet for your rig.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Rodbuster, I've never heard of anyone being denied warranty work as long as you have the VIN from the rig and are going through a Heartland authorized facility. I would also hope that Heartland has these serial numbers available on the build sheet for your rig.

Ray,
I was denied two warranty repair issues by a dealer who refused to recognize it as a problem. One of them (defective propane regulator) I repaired myself, and the other a bad security monitor Heartland replaced the monitor by sending it directly to me. That dealer is no longer a Heartland dealer as Heartland pulled it from him. I will say if you are denied coverage by a dealer you need to call Heartland Customer Service yourself.

wdk450

Ray,
I was denied two warranty repair issues by a dealer who refused to recognize it as a problem. One of them (defective propane regulator) I repaired myself, and the other a bad security monitor Heartland replaced the monitor by sending it directly to me. That dealer is no longer a Heartland dealer as Heartland pulled it from him. I will say if you are denied coverage by a dealer you need to call Heartland Customer Service yourself.

I would like to emphasize to all Heartland owners that do not know about this, that YOU ARE NOT LIMITED TO HEARTLAND DEALERS FOR YOUR WARRANTY REPAIRS! ANY RV REPAIRER OF YOUR CHOICE CAN BE SELECTED BY YOU. JUST BE SURE YOU GET PRIOR AUTHORIZATION FROM HEARTLAND SERVICE BEFORE YOU BRING THE RIG IN FOR SERVICE. This is one of the big benefits of being a Heartlander.
Heartland service department keeps a list of 3rd party servicers they recommend in your area (servicers Heartland customers have had good experiences with).

rebootsemi

Good morning,

I have a few questions on serial # locations, and how does the manufacturer handle a claim if a serial # is not produced.

I just purchased a 2012 Heartland Landmark (Key Largo). I am in the process of sending in all my registrations cards to the different manufacturers. There are several serial #'s that I do not have access to or that I just can't find. I'm hoping that some of you can help me.

1) The air conditioner in the living room
2) The air conditioner in the bedroom
3) The serial # for the central vacuum
4) The large TV in the living room (the TV is built in and does not move)
5) The TV in the bedroom ( The mounting plate on the back is covering the plate where the # is located)

I would not expect the dealership or the different manufacturers to start disassembling the RV to find these serial numbers... but on the other hand, I don't want to be denied coverage because the manufacturer says I never sent them the registration card with the appropriate serial numbers.

What should I do?
Rodbuster

Heartland: Why not have your installers grab the numbers off of everything they install and list them on the paperwork when you buy the new unit??????????
On the AC's pop off the cover and you can see all the s/n, model etc number on a sticker up inside the unit. On the TV's you will have to get to the back to get the s/n, here's a idea for the electronics mfg's: Have all of the units information stored in the menu somewhere, they put everything else there so why not the info.
For warranty you are golden until the HL runs out, then you will probably need the numbers.

71stang99

I complained about this also, especially the TV as it is hard mounted to the backing board which should have be an articulated arm. Also the AC unit will state certaind #s which may not correspond to the warrantey card meaning they will ask for meodel # and that is not listed on the unit.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Our dealer took care of the registrations for us before we picked up our Elk Ridge. They also included a master list of serial #s and phone numbers, along with all manuals in a 3 ring notebook. I hadn't seen that kind of service before.

rebootsemi

Our dealer took care of the registrations for us before we picked up our Elk Ridge. They also included a master list of serial #s and phone numbers, along with all manuals in a 3 ring notebook. I hadn't seen that kind of service before.

Now there's a dealer that seems to care, ours Chief RV did all the same except for the s/n part, have all the mfg's manuals and info just no s/n's.