ATF: North Trail - Caulking the trailer

psherman1

What to know what kind of caulking is used around the exit ports for the furance and for the hot water heater. All the caulking is white except around these areas. So what knind is it and where woudl I purchase something like it? Brand name please!

PS

Last edited by a moderator:

APT

ProFlex and Dicor are the top brands. There are two different kinds, a self leveling sealant for roofs, and a caulk for vertical surfaces like windows.

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
Our local RV Shop, sales/service/repairs, swears by the Sikaflex brand. We have been using it on our North Trail, I can't remember which number it is, I am at work now, so I can't go look at a tube.

Fire123

I replaced the fresh water intake and the dealer gave me some caulk that came in a roll. I just tore off the length I needed and pressed it around the openning. Not sure who makes it. It was gray in color.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Hello!

I also have been searching the past week or so for a good sealant. In talking with Heartland I got this information...they currently use Sikaflex 505UV and 521UV. Both are a silane terminated polymer (STP). Heartland told me any good quality polyurethane is OK.

HERE is a page at Sika of the sealants Sika recommends for Transportation/RV applications. The problem I am having with the Sika products is I can not find them locally. Not at Lowes, Home Depot or even our trusted Hardware Sales store.

Some others that look to be appropriate and available in gray are Sonnolastic NP1 and ChemLink M1

The gray tape stuff is butyl putty tape similar to THIS It can be found quite easily.

I personally would avoid silicone sealants for most outdoor RV applications.

I will probably mailorder the Sika products or the M1.

Let me know if you find any additional information!

Best Wishes!

Last edited: