New Screen Door Opener on 2012

Pizzaguy

Friends of ours just joined the Heartland family with a 2012 Cyclone 300C HD and it came with a new screen door opener built into the sliding plexiglass. It was not like others I've seen with the rod you push, bit a "rubber" round knob with a spring under it. I loved it and want to know where I can get one! I have not had any luck searching the internet. If you know where to get one of these, please post.
Screen Door opener2.jpg

Last edited:

bacaye

There is a place you can order this and hoping someone will post what they told us at the rally in Goshen. I am thinking you have to call customer service at Heartland to order this but not positive. Maybe someone will see this and post something because we are wanting one also. I would also like to know where we can order the round plastic piece Jim showed us that you can put under the recliners so they will move easily. Barb

danemayer

After the rally we called FLAIR to order 2 recliner discs. They arrived in Kalamazoo 2 days later for about $35 including shipping.

Pizzaguy

The recliner discs sound like a great item- but still looking for info on the screen door opener.

Willym

We just got our screen door opener from Heartland. It's made by Lippert and after filing of the lugs on one side of it, it fitted our door quite nicely. I plan on modifying it a bit so that one doesn't have to push it down so far to release the screen door latch.

porthole

Retired
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=185986&viewfull=1#post185986

I'd try customer service first, they should be well aware of it as Brian Brady offered one to everyone who wanted it at the rally.

Pizzaguy

Thanks Porthole. I will call them tomorrow. Will have to get a couple of the recliner discs from flair also. Wish we could have made it to the rally this year to get all the great info.

ankie3467

Anybody got a picture of these recliner disks? I had to remove one recliner as I simply could not move it. Maybe with a disk I can! Any info on where we can get these disks would be appreciated too.

Willym

Willym- did you order that thru Heartland parts and what was the cost? Thanks for the info.

Mine came as a result of the Brian Brady rally offer (Thanks Brian!) U nit price was listed at $23.75. Heartland number is listed as #45338.

danemayer

Pics of recliner disc from Flair. At top of photo, the chair is tilted onto its back. (Pull away from the wall first).

DSC00861-1.jpg
The projections that capture the chair legs are too high - the chair catches on them. Someone reported cutting them down with a hacksaw. I tried putting a couple of self-stick chair pads on the disc to raise the chair.
DSC00862-2.jpg

DSC00863-3.jpg

The ones shown here are slightly too thin (I happened to have them on hand) - there's still a bit of interference. Next time at Home Depot or Walmart, I'll find something a little thicker. Looks like it needs 5/8 to 3/4" of lift.