Loose Hose on Water Pump

ramjleo

first time new member, we just purchased new. 2011 northtrail 24rbs we have not taken it out, getting it ready. while we were going over the tt at home we looked under leftseat at kitchen table. in the small storge area .in there is the water pump. there is a small section of white hose, about 18in. it is connected to the pump and is laying there it has a cut off on it but not connected to anything. maybe someone with a 24rbs can tell me if its anything to worry about. sorry for the poor typing, i worked on telephone lines not keyboards

thanks for any info.

ramjleo

jimtoo

Hi ramjleo,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I don't know for sure, but most likely it is the hose to use when you want to winterize your unit to suck the antifreeze in. I'm sure some others with the same unit will chime in soon.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

rebootsemi

I would agree with Jim it's probably the suction line to pump antifreeze into the system. On the suction side of the pump you should have a shutoff valve than a Tee with this piece of hose with another shutoff valve. If you want to pump antifreeze you stick the end of the hose in the jug shut off the water inlet valve and open the valve to this hose and start up the pump.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes, on the NT, that white hose would be inserted into a bottle of RV antifreeze to winterize your water lines. There are instructions to do so on this forum, I believe.