Flair Recliner Frisbees

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We ordered and received two of the giant frisbees that Jim B showed at the rally. They fit right around the circular base and do help when moving the chairs. Although they don't glide around effortlessly, it is easier. It's still best to apply the force at the base of the chair, rather than trying to pull/push the back. For $13 each, I'd say they're worth it. We tried the furniture sliders under them and they just kept slipping out of position and/or wrapping around the base frame.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
John, you can't post something out there like that and leave us less unfortante non rally goers hanging. Lol ;). Have any pics and also where did you order them? Sounds like I gotta get some of them. Even though I'm am able to move the chairs, pulling on them like I have too, can't be to good for them. Michael

SilverRhino

From the title "Flair Recliner Frisbees" and another post I saw last night.....They are available from Flair Industries.

I'm going to order a pair.......Hopefully the DW will be able to move the recliners when she needs to with the aid of these "Frisbees".

Travel Safe!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
John, you can't post something out there like that and leave us less unfortante non rally goers hanging. Lol ;). Have any pics and also where did you order them? Sounds like I gotta get some of them. Even though I'm am able to move the chairs, pulling on them like I have too, can't be to good for them. Michael

Sorry Mike! No photo, since I'm too lazy to lift up the chair, but they're large black plastic discs that go under them. They have "tabs" to locate around the base frame crossmembers and the chair sits IN them. They're the same diameter as the base itself. I ordered them from Flair by calling Tim Meade at the number on the portal page. I had first sent an e-mail requesting info, and Tim responded to that. Then I called him. Got them pretty quick, too.

It was Friday night when Jim B. showed the one and handed it out to some lucky person. If it had been sooner, I would have driven over to Flair in Goshen and picked them up.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks John, hope they have enough in stock! We will be ordering them also.

I would be interested in these too. Do you have a web site or 800#. I did a search on google and all I came up with was mens suites.

Thanks

jimtoo

Hi texaseagle,

Check the "Portal Page" , //heartlandowners.org/content.php , You will find numbers and contact information for all the Heartland suppliers.

Jim M

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
We bought 2 Recliner Frisbees befoer we lft Goshen and they are great... so easy to slide the chairs when we are ready to close up...Save the wear on ones back.. I recommend them and the price is right..

Gizzy

We ordered and received two of the giant frisbees that Jim B showed at the rally. They fit right around the circular base and do help when moving the chairs. Although they don't glide around effortlessly, it is easier. It's still best to apply the force at the base of the chair, rather than trying to pull/push the back. For $13 each, I'd say they're worth it. We tried the furniture sliders under them and they just kept slipping out of position and/or wrapping around the base frame.
We stopped by Flair on Monday morning after the rally and picked up a pair. Although not effortless, they do help a lot. I find it easier to turn the chair and push/pull from the side. I did have to use a hacksaw and cut about 1/2 inch off of each of the bumps that hold it in place as it was hitting something on one of the recliners. The other recliner was fine. Highly recommend them, they will save your back.

danemayer

Pics of recliner disc from Flair. At top of photo, the chair is tilted onto its back. (Pull away from the wall first).

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=13882&d=1310133042&thumb=1
The projections that capture the chair legs are too high - the chair catches on them. Someone reported cutting them down with a hacksaw. I tried putting a couple of self-stick chair pads on the disc to raise the chair.
//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=13881&d=1310133042&thumb=1

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=13880&d=1310133042&thumb=1

The ones shown here are slightly too thin (I happened to have them on hand) - there's still a bit of interference. Next time at Home Depot or Walmart, I'll find something a little thicker. Looks like it needs 5/8 to 3/4" of lift.

danemayer

I've been thinking about why Flair would design it with a "flaw" and I'm guessing that their various chairs must have some differences in clearance. Some fit, some almost fit. I got some larger pads at Walmart and a 3rd one on each stack. Works fine now.

SilverRhino

For those of you that have already put the "frisbees" into use........Is there a significant increase in movement of the recliners while traveling??

danemayer

We drove 375 miles and went over some pretty rough bumps yesterday and didn't get any shifting from travel. Of course they are strapped together for travel.

The chairs move pretty easily now for setup and packup. $35 well spent.