Running water from Fresh Water Tank

Mike & Carol

Have a new Landmark..have not used water from fresh water tank yet.....I filled hot water tank with city water....filled fresh water half full.....turn faucet in kit....turn on pump switch,near test switch. Pump is running, but water just sprinkles out then stops. any suggestions...anyone free to talk on phone? Thanks Mike

rustyshakelford

Have you tried any other faucets? Sounds like you might have debris in the water line. Does the pump shut off after building pressure or keep running? If it runs constantly, I'd venture to think it's sucking air at the pump and can't pull a prime. Brett

trvlrerik

It may take a little time for the pump to draw water from the tank and pressurize the system, and even then there will be air in the lines causing an inconsistant flow untill the air is out of the system. To get the system primed up a little more quickly I hook up my outdoor spray hose and let it run using the pump for pressure.

When I use my onboard water, after the system is charged and pressurized, I can not hear the pump running unless I am in the bathroom standing directly over the pump in the basement.

porthole

Retired
Not unusual for new units to have debris in the tank-lines. Check the screen in the faucet as well.
Also follow the other advice to hook up city water and test.

And of course, make sure the tank drain is fully closed. The drains are tied into the same line as the pump suction. SO even open just enough to barely let water trickle out of the drain will cause an issue with the pump suction.

TedS

If it wasn't for DU..mmy, none of us would know anything. Not alone with that.
Glad your problem is solved.