Interested in a 186T MPG

Fiasco

Right now we have a 2008 Palomino Mustang 6149 PUP that can sleep 7. Whats the max amount of people the MPG series can sleep?

On the 186T you can sleep two in the bunks, two in the tent and can you still fold the horseshoe table down into another sleeping area for 2? Does the couch in the slide out fold down or anything?

We are interested in a "retro" teardrop hybrid like the MPG or RPod (like the MPG better) but with enough sleeping capacity for more than 4.

URL]

jimtoo

Hi Fiasco,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family of owners. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I can't help you with the info your looking for, but I'm sure one of the other owners will jump in soon with help.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

PS?? With that many people in that small of an area,,, you won't run out of oxygen if your all asleep at the same time??? :)

kb0zke

Jim, I might be a bit concerned too except that most people will keep at least the ceiling vent open a bit, and probably some windows, too.

The bigger question, though, is that there simply isn't enough room in an mpg for more than two or three adults. You met my wife and me at the Rally last month, so you know that we're probably pretty average-size people. We worked out a system for the two of us, but when our daughter joined us for several days last week, it was a big change. There is little room for changing anyway, so we ended up opening the bathroom door as a sort of privacy barrier. I changed at the front (bed) end, and my wife and daughter changed at the rear (dinette) end.

Fiasco, if you are going to camp with that many people, I'd strongly suggest that you look for a somewhat larger rig. The day will come when all of you will be stuck inside, and then what? You asked about sleeping space, but what about seating space? We enjoy our mpg, and it is doing what we expected of it, but it definitely is not a camper for many people in it.

We bought our 186T brand new from Dick Gores RV In Richmond Hill GA they kept it a month and a half now Campers Inn has kept it a month and now it has been back there a week. Manufacturers Defect! Heartland is pussy footing around with us. Wont get leak fixed! Wont take Camper back! Folks I would think twice about buying Heartland. I am tired of blaming the dealers for the people who built this stupid camper. I am passed furious! Now lets see if My stinking camper gets fixed. I want to be a happy Camper. I dont want to own a Lemon! Thank you The Spicers!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Christine, sorry to hear about your leaks.
Things happen, They shouldn't, but they do.
I just read all of your posts, and saw no mention of conversation with Heartland Customer Service.
Have you contacted Heartland yourself?
Sometimes a friendly call to customer service and explaining the situation can get the ball rolling to aid in getting your rig fixed up.
It can't hurt.

Peace
Dave

185T-WA

We have a 185-T, A little different layout. The tent area is a queen size bed. The table and benches make a full size bed below it (not much headroom for 1 of the 2) and yes, the couch on the side folds down for a small person bed (dog in our case). This said putting 5 people in it would be really crowded just getting around each other. We have 2 people and a dog and sometimes that feels crowded.

Eric in Washington State

bigmaho

A few times we've had 4 and a dog in our 181! Don't ask, but it did work. Crowded, but still beats a tent. (usually it's just 2 and a dog, but every now and then one of our kids and one of their friends stops by). We carry a tent in the storage compartment, but so far they've always opted to squeeze inside. Might have something to do with the fridge and its contents.

Yes sir I have even contacted the President of Heartland. Talking about friendly. We purchased in February of this year and it has been in shop 3 1/2 months. Still not fixed. Mr. Dave I wish I could post pictures on how they fixed it. I am so beyond hurt. My mother was in the hospital knocking on deaths door. Someone had burned down her house and I needed that camper to stay in. Needless to say, Still cant stay in it. My mother is some better now. She has alzheimer's. She is out of the hospital and in the nursing home now. My frustrations have been magnified due to lack of knowledge on Heartlands part. And lack of concern on the Presidents part to get it fixed. The right way! The first Time! Thanks for your concern but I have been all the way to the top. To no avail!