No TV sound in Bedroom

Barrington

My wife and I just purchased a 2012 Northtrail 32 BUDS Caliber. On our first trip last weekend we attempted to watch a movie after the the kids went to bed and wanted to have sound from just the TV so we did not disturb them. We could not find a way to have sound from just the TV because the surround sound just was too loud for the kids to sleep and with the solid doors closed to the bedroom it was difficult to hear in the bedroom. Is there a way to turn the surround sound off and to just have sound from the TV itself? I could not locate anything in the manual nor any TV or Stereo options to help. :confused:

Thank you very much...

Chuck and Geri Barrington
Bedford NS
Canada

danemayer

I don't know the particulars of the equipment in your rig, but here's a generic diagram of how to get audio to and from the various devices. If you have an HDMI connector on the surround sound and on the TV, you should be able to get movie sound thru the HDMI cable to the TV, and then turn the volume down on the surround sound.

Attachments

• Rushmore Entertainment Center Wiring.pdf
    16.6 KB · Views: 29

Rrloren

Maybe your system is different than mine but I have 3 buttons on the stereo which allows sound to the bedroom speakers or the living area speakers or just the outside speakers, they can be run in any combination. Wouldn't just running the bedroom speakers solve your problem?

Barrington

Funny thing...there are no bedroom speakers in my unit...and the Stereo does have A, B and C speakers which are two different interior configurations and one exterior but of course nothing in the bedroom...I'll have to check the wiring details to see if there is a HDMI cable, etc but in reviewing all the options on the TV and Stereo under their menu's it appears this may be a design flaw...

Thank you very much for your replies...

Cheers!

pegmikef

If your unit is like my North Trail and has the touch audio system, then the bad news is that there is no audio out port on the touch audio system so when you play dvds, cd, mp3s, whatever, the audio will only be piped to the trailer system, not the tv. The audio cables that came with mine were erroneously connected to the tv's audio in ports. They should have been connected to the audio out ports because the touch audio system does have audio in ports so you can play the tv over the trailer system.

rcardin

same thing here. 32bhds It would be nice to be able to watch a movie after the kids go to bed. Simple solution is to hook up a dvd player in the bedroom using RCA cables. The time consuming part is taking the tv out to do it.