Manual Override for power stabalizers

T

Tfitz

A couple quick questions we are picking up our new NT 28BRS this Thursday and I could probably wait until then to find out but it is driving me nuts thinking I should not have gotten the power stabalizer jacks so here we go.

In the event there is a power failure do the power stabaizer jacks on the NT 28BRS have a manual overide so that you can drop or lift them old school? and is there any way of altering the power awning such that you can have a lower corner for run off?

Thanks in advance!

jimtoo

Hi Tfitz,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure there is a way to retract or extend the jacks without power, usually with a drill or crank. I'm sure one of our owners will jump in soon to let us know for sure.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

olyfire

Tfitz,

I have a NT 32 BUDS with the electric stabilizer. On the end of each jack on the right side (looking forward) is a steal rod with a pin. Your unit should have come with an exended jack handle that inserts on the rod for hand cranking. The jack handle in ours is stored in the front compartment against the wall. I've never had to use it because of power or stabilizer failure but have tried it out and they work nicely.

T

Tfitz

Larry & Jo

Thank you for the reply that is a relief as much as i like technology it scares me sometimes always seems there is more to go wrong. Do you have the power awning and are you aware if if can be altered to algle it for run off?

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
Larry & Jo

Thank you for the reply that is a relief as much as i like technology it scares me sometimes always seems there is more to go wrong. Do you have the power awning and are you aware if if can be altered to algle it for run off?
Technology scares me too!

If your awning is like ours, it will automatically dump water, it did it once when it was raining and we had it extended. It works really well.

olcoon

We have a power awning on our Elk Ridge 27RLSS, and you can lower either side, just by grabbing it and pulling towards the camper. There are knobs on each arm to lock the arm in position. I'm sure it'll be the same on yours. We don't leave it extended when it is raining, windy, or if we leave the 5er. Heard too many horror stories!

APT

The NT awning does not have the adjustable arms, but the auto-dump does work well. Just don't stand near the edge of it when it does!

Edmon

The owner's manual for our 2012 21FBS with electric awning says you can set one end to be slightly lower than the other for run off.

Last edited: