Air Compressor on-board

mmomega

AnyTimer
I just went to Northern Tool and picked up a smaller air compressor to add to the trailer somewhere. Now I'm just trying to figure where exactly to put it; generator compt., basement, behind basement wall, etc. It's just too dang hot out there to even do anything.

Oh yeah, I had wanted to get one for a while but it was more an after thought really. This weekend my DW and I went on vacation with another couple and on the way down I was following him and his left rear trailer tire blew. He didn't even hear or feel anything, he thought it was the truck, until I called him and said to pull over.
Then on the way back his right rear tire blew, he felt that one.

Last year I had almost the same thing happen, so I'm ordering the TST 507tire monitor kit this week just for a little more peace of mind.

Ideas welcome, throw them at me.

Here's the compressor I picked up.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200197024_200197024

DougS

Doug S
I bought a similar air compressor for my Grand Canyon. I placed mine under the hydraulic pump in the front right basement. I use a 2 or 3 foot swivel air hose (Northern Tool) and added a quick connect which hangs out the hole in the wall for the manual operation of the hydraulic pump, along with the power cord. To use, I connect a yellow coiled air hose and plug electric into docking station with the aid of a 3 foot appliance cord. All tires on RV and rear tires of PU can be reached. I add a second coiled air hose for front tires of PU or if not connected, just turn the PU around.

porthole

Retired
I have the same compressor, sits in the the middle of the basement. I added PEX tubing to pipe the air out to the Genny compartment where I mounted a reel.

Only thing I may change is to add a dedicated outlet and breaker so that I can turn it on and off from inside. It is usually too buried to get to the power switch without removing something.

My rig
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=138183&viewfull=1#post138183

mmomega

AnyTimer
Very nice, I didn't even think of piping out to somewhere more convenient with a power switch. I think I'll have to steal that idea Duana haha, thanks.

I'll have to jump on that tomorrow, spent most of the evening cleaning the TV after a long weekend. Returning with pics soon. :p

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Not the same compressor but it's a convenient place. I mounted a cord reel with 25ft of hose and carry one of them slinky hoses if I need more.

Attachments

• 100_0683.JPG
    100_0683.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 425

mmomega

AnyTimer
had to take the trailer in today so I can get the basement door replaced, hopefully by tomorrow no later than Mon. so it's giving me some time to think it out.

I'm debating on mounting it in the center of the basement and running some pipe up and "T" to both basement doors and using a 50' coiled hose to reach whatever I need.

bdennis

We have a 2011 F350 4X4 Larait as well. I bought it last summer when they first rolled out from Ford. By far the best Diesel Ford has put under the Hood. We liked it so much I traded in my Wife's Pickup last March and Purchased Her a 2011 F250 4X4 Lariat SB. How do you like your 350? Also we purchased in July a 2012 Landmark San Antonio. So far we like it. I have some minor problems I need to take it in to have repaired. How long have you had your Landmark? Any Problems?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I went with a Viair 400 12V compressor, rather than a 120V unit. Anything I would have gotten would have duplicated the 3-gallon Makita I have for my air tools at home. Rather than the kinky 1/4" tube that came with the compressor, I use 50' of 3/8" hose wrapped around a CoilPro ring. With female connectors on either end, I can attach a real air chuck to it that will reach the inner dually on the truck. The one it came with would not. Compressor bag and hose coil sit in a milk crate in the bed of the truck, so I always have it handy.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
JD -I have a pancake compresser almost exactly like yours. I have tried it in the in our KL, doorside basement and inthe front basement without the reel systemIf I am hooked up I cannot get to it in the front basement due tothe door only opening 2/3 way. As you say the reel looks like an excellent way.

Ray- Did you reenforce the hole you brought the hose through with anything. Looks like this is my next project.

Thanks guys,

mmomega

AnyTimer
We have a 2011 F350 4X4 Larait as well. I bought it last summer when they first rolled out from Ford. By far the best Diesel Ford has put under the Hood. We liked it so much I traded in my Wife's Pickup last March and Purchased Her a 2011 F250 4X4 Lariat SB. How do you like your 350? Also we purchased in July a 2012 Landmark San Antonio. So far we like it. I have some minor problems I need to take it in to have repaired. How long have you had your Landmark? Any Problems?

The truck has been a dream, best truck I've owned overall. As for the Landmark, also best trailer we have owned. Also after having some other trailers we expected to find some gremlins in the first 1-2 trips and we found 2 but really they were not a big deal compared to our last 5'er which was possessed. There was a fitting not connected for the "santi-flush" so when I went to flush the black tank clean water sprayed into the basement and I believe there was a water fitting not tightened behind the shower and the floor in the bedroom was damp but that also was fixed. Only problems thus far and we are very very happy with the trailer and truck combo.

To the compressor - I've been slacking so hard, I've only got it sitting in the middle of the basement so I just really need to get the lines plumbed up. I'm wanting to put a gauge , a switch and a fitting right inside the basement door where the Auto-Level control panel is mounted. I have all of the parts it's just a matter of getting around to mounting everything.

Fireliter

Probably late in responding. I had 2002 F250 With the 7.3 engine. I added quite a bit of Banks stuff, exhaust, Adjustable Chip, torque converter, and a Jake break. It really did run strong but the mileage didn't improve that much. Plenty of power. Well I thought I would keep it for ever but.... Dec. 2011 I purchased an F350 dually with the new 6.7 engine. It had/has more power than the souped up 7.3 and it pulls and pulls. I am so impressed. Just hope Ford has gotten right with the engine this time. Just the same, I couldn't be more pleased.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Probably late in responding. I had 2002 F250 With the 7.3 engine. I added quite a bit of Banks stuff, exhaust, Adjustable Chip, torque converter, and a Jake break. It really did run strong but the mileage didn't improve that much. Plenty of power. Well I thought I would keep it for ever but.... Dec. 2011 I purchased an F350 dually with the new 6.7 engine. It had/has more power than the souped up 7.3 and it pulls and pulls. I am so impressed. Just hope Ford has gotten right with the engine this time. Just the same, I couldn't be more pleased.

Don't mean to sound rash but what does this post have to do with an air compressor on board?