King Pin Box Replacement - Mor/Ryde

ncc1701e

Has anyone replaced the king pin box? I'm looking at the possibility of switching out the king pin box to a Mor-Ryde King Pin box. There is this constant for/aft motion when pulling the trailer. While the motor is not severe, the constant motion really wears one out by the end of the day.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
There are many threads discussing Mor-Ryde and Trail Air with the Tri-Glide option. At the Rally, I noticed many more Trail Airs than in the past. I think they are becoming more popular.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We changed out our Trail-air that came with our rig for the Mor-Ryde pin box. We have never been sorry and have been glad we did.

ncc1701e

Replaced the pin box last week. The Mor/Ryde change over was simple and took two of us just a little over an hour to complete. Our first pull with the new pin box will be Aug. 4 when we leave for the TN ralley in Townsend, TN. The trip is about 300 miles so we'll get a good feel for how the unit performs with this addition.

ncc1701e

Pulled from Sebree, KY to Townsend, TN some 326 miles with the new king pin box. The Mor/Ryde King Pin Box is worth every penny I paid for it. The difference in the ride is exceptional. We had not gotten 30 miles down the road before the wife made her first comment on how much better the ride was. From Sebree to Townsend we traveled about a 129 miles that we had previously pulled over twice before so it was very easy to evaluate the changes with the new pin box. Starts and stops are totally different now, very smooth.

ncc1701e

Just a couple pics of the modification.

Mor-Ryde King Pin Bench Picture.jpg Mor-Ryde King Pin.jpg As you can see to put the king ping cover back on, I had to do a little mod as the Mor/Ryde is wider than the factory king pin.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
We replace our Pin Box with Mor/Ryde 3 yrs agod and are very happy great improvement would have no other.
You will not be sorry . Gary Wheeler at Mor Ryde is very helpful and good to deal with.
Regards
Wayne

Firerad1

I know HL offers the Trail-Air hitch as an option on. We had planned on adding it when we order our 3585RL. Is the Mor-Ryde a better choice, and is it available instead of the Trail-Air from the factory? We are planning on installing the B&W hitch and companion so we can use the truck bed when we're not enjoying the 5th wheel. Any thoughts are welcome, this is our first 5th wheel.