32 BUDS And Problems - Any Others

fjm039

We have been proud owners of a 32 BUDS Caliber Edition since mid May. Absolutely LOVE the camper and layout. Outside kitchen is a big hit and the bride loves the counter space in the bathroom. We have been disappointed in what appears to be quality thus far though. It is going back in the shop tomorrow for the second time. We have been out in it 3 times now for about 14 nights and every time we go out it seems we find new stuff.

Staps don't hold bedroom doors shut so they come off their tracks during travel
Bathroom sink takes FOREVER to drain
Horrible smell from toilet
Black tank flush leaks
Bathroom fan works intermittently
Both main and AC breaker trips intermittently
Black and grey tank sensors ready incorrectly
Hinges popping out of lift up cabinet doors
Toy Lok doesn't retract
Awning leaks directly above kitchen window
Kitchen window leaks onto kitchen counter (see awning leak above)

We LOVE this camper but we can't help but be disappointed thus far. Every time we take it out we are constantly worried about 'what's next'. Our Coachmen was solid from day one. The above seems to be extreme. Did I just get a Friday unit or is this normal? I'm hoping we get things worked out on this trip to the dealer.

Also, we do not have an outlet in the kitchen. Did they leave it out or is this normal? Never really paid any attention to that during our initial research phase.

Thanks,

Jeff

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
I feel your pain. I hope you live close to the dealer! I think they built a lot of them on Friday.
We took delivery March 28 and it has been back at the Dealers 4 times for a total of 53 days, trying to fix a leak, it is almost fixed.

I found the outlet in the kitchen, it is under the mircowave.

Last edited:

olyfire

We took delivery in April of 2010. We had a list after our first time out the worst of which was the slide would not go out. The slide actually had to be rebuilt which took a month. Since then we have had it back in for various smaller problems about 4 more times. I remember what one of the techs told us. Everything is fixable and you have a good unit. We love our 32 Buds. It does seem there are to many things wrong for a new unit but we went South for the winter and lots of camping since with no problems.
Hope they are able to fix everything to your satisfaction. We have found the factory to be excellent to work with.

DMitch

For a service person to say "Everything is fixable and you have a good unit" isn't very comforting when your new unit has been in the shop for weeks and months. Quality control has been and seems to continue to be a problem.

Marge

For a service person to say "Everything is fixable and you have a good unit" isn't very comforting when your new unit has been in the shop for weeks and months. Quality control has been and seems to continue to be a problem.
Yeah we hear that a lot too.

fjm039

I asked my service tech the same question and he claimed Heartland builds a good product. I'm hoping that this trip (just dropped it off this morning) will get everything fixed. What concerns me is the leak in the kitchen window and the intermittent breaker trips.

Jeff

Marge

Leaks are a real ***** to fix sometimes. I hope your's gets fixed right away. Maybe there are some holes in the caulking around the top of the window, we just found a spot at the top of our window by the couch where we still have a bit of a leak, so we recaulked around it. Atleast now we don't leak at all when the slide is in. It has been coming in behind the couch.
This is exactly even, in the same place as the top of the bottom trim piece on the slide. So if you have a leak it is good to look around your trailer a bit. This wood has been replaced and we had a slide awning put on, but we are still getting a bit of leaking..Sheeeeesh...
We have recaulked all the seams on our slide ourselves and around the window, so we are hoping this will do the trick.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Did you find your electrical outlet under your microwave??

Leak010.jpg

Leak011.jpg

fjm039

Marge,

I have been on the look out for additional leaks. When we found this one it had been raining for about 12 hours straight so I looked around pretty good then. I BELIEVE the one by the kitchen window is the only one but I will keep an eye out.

The trailer is at the dealer being fixed so I haven't had the opportunity to look for the kitchen outlet yet but when I get it back next week I will be sure to look. If it is there my bride will be thrilled. She is convinced they just forgot it during construction because it doesn't make since to not have one there.

Jeff

Marge

Marge,

I have been on the look out for additional leaks. When we found this one it had been raining for about 12 hours straight so I looked around pretty good then. I BELIEVE the one by the kitchen window is the only one but I will keep an eye out.

The trailer is at the dealer being fixed so I haven't had the opportunity to look for the kitchen outlet yet but when I get it back next week I will be sure to look. If it is there my bride will be thrilled. She is convinced they just forgot it during construction because it doesn't make since to not have one there.

Jeff
The first morning of our first trip in it, I went to plug in the electric coffee pot. I was like "what the heck, there is no electric outlet anywhere in the kitchen part ?!" so I thought this is just nuts. Anyway for some reason I looked under where the microwave is over the stove and sure enough there is a plug there on the bottom of the microwave cabinet and you can't see it at all unless you are looking for it.
Good luck with getting things fixed at your Dealers.

Deb (a.k.a. Marge)

fjm039

I feel your pain. I hope you live close to the dealer! I think they built a lot of them on Friday.
We took delivery March 28 and it has been back at the Dealers 4 times for a total of 53 days, trying to fix a leak, it is almost fixed.

I found the outlet in the kitchen, it is under the mircowave.

Marge,

I finally got around to looking and we don't have an outlet under the microwave. We have the vent hood/fan there. No outlet!

CliffP

We're looking at the 32BUDS caliber edition. Did they fix all of your issues? Was your local dealer able to fix or did you have to take it back to the factory? Thanks!

fjm039

So far my dealer has been able to address my issue. The dealer is another issue altogether! I can't say that I would be able to recommend the dealer.

Regarding the trailer, I BELIEVE I am almost there in getting the bugs worked out. I have wall board between the kitchen window and the door that is coming apart but I'm almost certain that is a byproduct of when they fixed the window leak and not due to the leak itself.

It is a GREAT floor plan but I do recommend that you spend a few hours going over it before pulling it off the lot. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Jeff