MPG Screen Room- How do you guys attach the bottom screen to the MPG?

marc515

Just wondering how you guys attach the screen that goes along the bottome of the MPG. Also, did you have to cut it, or wrap it around the fender and step?

Thank you

quine9

I just finished installing my screen. I used snaps screwed into the trailer frame and snaps on the screen. I also marked the spot where the screen hits the axel and cut a straight line from the ground up just above it. Taped the edges with Gorilla Tape and put Velcro on the screen below the axel to close it. Very easy job.

Good luck, Mike

marc515

Surprised there was only one response to this thread

I saw an Rpod 2 weeks ago, and Forest River has a C-Channel running along the bottom so you can just slide the screen in just like the dome; looks to be an excellent idea.

Think I'll see if I can pick up a length of C-Channel.

ptarthur2

I used 12 ceramic block magnets that I purchased at Lowes for $2.73 per pair (item #185097) to hold the top of the screen skirt up against that bottom edge of the camper frame. I still haven't found a good solution for attaching the sides of the skirt to the lower side of the dome awning and would be interested in hearing anything others have come up with. Velcro maybe?

marc515

Surprised there was only one response to this thread

I saw an Rpod 2 weeks ago, and Forest River has a C-Channel running along the bottom so you can just slide the screen in just like the dome; looks to be an excellent idea.

Think I'll see if I can pick up a length of C-Channel.

Well, I installed the C-Channel or better known as Awning Rail, and it works great; Just slide the screen in. We had to make cuts for the axle and step but it's a good solution Forest River used.

marc515

0813111253.jpg0813111253a.jpg
So where did you get the C Channel and how did you fasten it to the bottom or frame of your camper?

I got it from my local RV dealer; He charged me $20 for a 20' section. I used #8 sheet metal screws to secure to the MPG, and the screen simply slides into the awning rail like the top of the room does.

Last edited:

marc515

Here's a couple of pic's with the screen attached. We cut the screen into 4 sections. The awning rail makes it so easy now; just slide the screen in!

0817111339.jpg

0817111338.jpg

Here's what the Awning Rail looks like:
0817111639.jpg

The rail comes in vynil or aluminum.

Pictures are worth 1,000 words, so I hope this helps you guys.

If you want larger pic's to see better detail, please send me a message.

ptarthur2

Thanks Marc! These are great picures and clearly shows what I need to try this. One question; how did you attach the sides of the screen to each side of the awning ?

ptarthur2

I bought a bag of paper clamps from Office Depot and used them to clip the sides of the screen appron to the sides of the dome awning. There are still a few small gaps here and there but as you said, there really is no perfect fit. We just returned from a trip to the Gulf Coast and this kept almost all of the mosquitoes out of our screen room. A little shot of Raid Yard Fogger kept the rest at bay.