Tank heating pads

nhunter

Has anyone added or thought of adding holding tank heating/ drain pipe heating pads. If so what did you add and how much did it cost. Also 120v or 12v? The only ones I have seen are the Ultraheats.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I have thought about it but that's about it for now. I was thinking of checking out waterbed heaters? Any thoughts on those? They are therostaticly controled and are 110v.

nhunter

Never thought about that but I don't know what kind of wattage they would run. I think I would like to have 12v instead of 120v for the reason of tripping breakers at night, etc.

C

Chulinw

nhunter you have a good idea and will wait on others to make posts about them. I think they come in 110 volts only but I can be wrong.

nhunter

Ultraheat has a dual voltage model (3600?). That looks like the way to go but the Scotsman in me is afraid of the price. They look like they have some good quality products. Does the Landmark have tank pads from the factory. I am going to ask the factory what they have for a schematic for the plumbing so I know what I would need.