Low Pressure Stove for Outside Kitchen

Geodude

I'd like to get a stove for the outside kitchen. Our Greystone 33CK came with everything in the outside except for a stove. The stove would need to run on low pressure propane connected to the quick-connect port just beside the kitchen. It would also need to be no more than 3 7/8" high so that the stove could stay on the swing-out counter when the counter is stowed. Right now I'm using a Broadstone high-pressure camp stove that runs from a separate propane tank. I also have a hose that I've made up that will run the stove plus a BBQ, so that's the route I want to go, and not have to drag around another propane tank.

Does Heartland have such a stove they include in some models? For the life of me I can't figure out why it wasn't included with the trailer or wasn't an option. I would have all over that like white on rice.

Would appreciate any thoughts on this, thanks/merci/gracias. :cool:

bighorn3370

Paul, if Heartland doesn't offer one, you may want ask your dealer or check camping world. There are other brands of trailers that have a simlier set-up. My first thought was the type of stove they use in a pop-up. I hope this helps. Ernie

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We don't have an outside kitchen but I have modified my coleman propane stove to plug into the quick connect. When set up on a small metal table it serves the purpose of not having to cook inside. This stove is 25 yrs old and still runs great.

Geodude

Paul, if Heartland doesn't offer one, you may want ask your dealer or check camping world. There are other brands of trailers that have a simlier set-up. My first thought was the type of stove they use in a pop-up. I hope this helps. Ernie

Ernie, I will check Camping World, that's a good idea. I did call the closest local Heartland dealer, one about 3 kms from us, RV Canada. They didn't answer the phone in the parts department so I left a message and they still haven't called back. If they don't have the courtesy to call back I'm not inclined to give them my business. I'll have to call other local ones this week to see what they have.

Geodude

We don't have an outside kitchen but I have modified my coleman propane stove to plug into the quick connect. When set up on a small metal table it serves the purpose of not having to cook inside. This stove is 25 yrs old and still runs great.

That's interesting. It is a high pressure camp stove? I have the connectors to hook mine up but it's expecting high pressure to run properly. I suspect the problem is that the regulator is still in place, however it can't be removed in my case.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Yes I have removed the regulator from the stove. I went to my local Ace Hdw. and they helped me with the connections I needed to connect to my hose with the quick connect on it.

Geodude

I went to the local BBQ shop after work, the place that did a great job getting most of my 20' hose set up. Unfortunately they didn't have the fitting to go to the stove from my hose. The pictures show the regulator I want to bypass. It's the small end that connects to the stove, and that's where I need to find the adapter to go between the stove and my hose. The search continues.

Ottawa-20110711-00336.jpg Ottawa-20110711-00337.jpg Ottawa-20110711-00339.jpg