Hide a bed or jack knife sofa

Ordering a 3200BH, and just was thinking since we have no intention of using the Hide a bed, and with it out you cannot walk by it anyways Who has the Jack knife Sofa and what do yo think of it? Iwas told it might be not as comfotable sitting on the Jack knife as compared to the Hide a bed.

becandjim

I like the jack knife couch because of the storage under neath. I keep the iron,ironing board and extra shoes there. It sit fine

StevieWonder

You know it's not anchored so if you have NO use for it as a sleeper, then you could put a regular, store-bought sofa in there that you find more comfortable and of better quality and escape the cheap and ugly fabric used in so much of the trailer upholstery.

I've had both. The sleeper is MUCH more comfortable for sleeping (you can fold it up when you're not sleeping and unless you sleep walk outside you won't need to walk by it). The jacknife has some storage area. I personally found both comfortable for sitting.

Speaking of the hide a bed. We hate ours and don't need it. Does anybody know how we could trade it for two recliners or sell it at an RV store? Didn't know if maybe the Camping Worlds take trades or slightly used RV furniture.

BluegrassMan

As far as selling your couch, you'll probably have to yard sale it. I don't know of any one in my area that will take a slightly used piece of furniture. I'm sure that Camping World won't, they are just a retailer. Maybe a private RV service guy may have use for one, there are a couple in my area that have various "used" items to sell.

jpmorgan37

You might try a consignment furniture store or an auction house. We sold our hide a bed sofa and one of our ultra-leather recliners at auction. The sofa did very well, the recliner went not so good.