Inverter Location on Greystone 32RE

DRoy

Can anyone tell me where the inverter is located on a 2011 Greystone 32RE? We have just started our vacation and we are having some issues. Thank you.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
While I'm not familiar with your floor plan, the converter is usually located behind the 110 breaker panel. Mine is easiest to access by removing the breaker panel. If I had to R&R the converter though, I would have to go through the basement storage wall.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of issues are you having? Maybe someone here has been there already.

Peace
Dave

DRoy

We found it. When the batteries were hooked after storing the camper for the winter they were hooked up backwards. That ended up blowing both the fuses on the converter/inverter.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
While you're in there, you might want to assess the position your converter is mounted in. If it's near any plumbing joints (like under the black tank flusher anti-siphon valve), I'd suggest moving it to a safer, more accessible spot. And make sure the cooling fan is not blocked against a wall or restricted in any manner.

k6fn

K6FN
Does anyone know what type of charger is installed on the 2009 big horn's??? im hoping its a smart type charger that will keep the batteries conditioned for long periods..
why heartland buries the chargers is beyond me im relocating it to the front storage compartment where its easily accessible plus very close to the batteries..
heartland needs to address several issues like this and the fresh water tank pickup line if they havent already done so..
any info on the charger would be appreciated.. I will be pulling it out in a few weeks but would like to be researching it now..
thanks jerry

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Does anyone know what type of charger is installed on the 2009 big horn's??? im hoping its a smart type charger that will keep the batteries conditioned for long periods..
why heartland buries the chargers is beyond me im relocating it to the front storage compartment where its easily accessible plus very close to the batteries..
heartland needs to address several issues like this and the fresh water tank pickup line if they havent already done so..
any info on the charger would be appreciated.. I will be pulling it out in a few weeks but would like to be researching it now..
thanks jerry

It's a safe bet that the converter is an Intellipower 9260 from Progressive Dynamics. That's what is in my 2009 BH3670 (built in Feb. 2008). Mine was buried in the basement but I've moved it a mounting on the side of the bedroom step frame, behind the basement wall panel. I made an easily removable access panel so I can get at it without difficulty. I also mounted my surge suppressor there. Look in your owners packet, there should be a manual for the converter. Or you can find it online at Progressive's website. It has a "charge wizard" function that monitors the battery and adjusts it's charging output, as needed.