Drawers & Doors

Rodbuster

Any tips or gadgets out there on how to keep the drawers closed and the door (bedroom) closed when on the road?

Thank you for any ideas.
Rodbuster

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Rodbuster, You gotta get some sleep my friend. The only cabinet doors we worry about are any that are adjacent to a slide out. We use bungee balls to insure they stay closed. Our drawers rarely come open. For the hinged doors, just make sure they are latched tight and if you have any pocket doors, use the plastic strap provided. We have a thing we call our "move list". We use this list before going anywhere just to insure all is secure. We add to this list as needed, if you know what I mean.

Attachments

• MOVE LIST.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 37

jpdoggett

Rodbuster, You gotta get some sleep my friend. The only cabinet doors we worry about are any that are adjacent to a slide out. We use bungee balls to insure they stay closed. Our drawers rarely come open. For the hinged doors, just make sure they are latched tight and if you have any pocket doors, use the plastic strap provided. We have a thing we call our "move list". We use this list before going anywhere just to insure all is secure. We add to this list as needed, if you know what I mean.
Ray I see on your list foam on blinds do you have the wooden blinds in your RV we have them in our Augusta. The only thing I dislike about them are cleaning

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have put a small strip of velcro on the back of the drawer facings and that keeps them closed.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray I see on your list foam on blinds do you have the wooden blinds in your RV we have them in our Augusta. The only thing I dislike about them are cleaning
Yes, we've replaced the big rear shade and the shades over the dinette and couch with wood blinds. When we travel we raise the blinds and use the foam to keep them from bouncing and flopping:eek: as a preventative tactic. And yes, they are a PITA to keep clean. A shop vac with a brush attachment helps.:)

Rodbuster

Thank you Ray.
I know what you mean about "getting some sleep". As soon as I wake up, I start thinking about this and that. I'm the type of person that likes all his ducks in a row...maybe a little too much so.

As far as "lists" go, sheesh, do I have lists. I have a list similar to your "move list", I have one for hitching, got one for unhitching, got one for packing camp gear, got one for tools, got one for fuel truck stops, got one for emergency numbers, got one for all the manufacturers of the different items in the RV, got a list just for the tow vehicle and a few others also. I figure that after about 80 trips, all of these lists will get consolidated in to one and also cut by about 80%.

Wonder if I should start a list to help me locate my lists.
Rodbuster

porthole

Retired
Wonder if I should start a list to help me locate my lists.

"Smart phones"!

On my Droid I use a "check list" app. It has my list of things to do before pulling out of the driveway. And it has convenient little "strike thoughs" to show it has been completed. This works well as I can actually spread the checks offs over a day or two. For example my list has "dog food", something I don't want to forget to pack.

Plus, being on my phone means I won't forget to bring that. Not that I ever have :(

On the Droid it is called Color Note

Rodbuster

my list has "dog food"

Geeze, something else to put on my list. This "camping" is starting to get expensive... new RV, new tow vehicle, all kinds of new camping gear. Wait til my wife finds out we have to buy a dog.

Rodbuster

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
At goshen my DW got a tip on how to keep the end door closed while traveling. That is the swing out cupboard at the end of the counter in our augusta. It sometimes swings open when we travel. A lady told the wife to put spong under the edge. We have done that and it seems to work. The drawer under the fridge likes to open (has pots and pans ) so we are using foam when the slide is closed. I don't like to velcro as it make the opening difficult for the wife.

porthole

Retired
The drawers have a catch under the bottom panel. Check underneath to make sure yours isn't broken or loose. Easier to see how they work looking at an upper draw.

ParkIt

"Smart phones"!

On my Droid I use a "check list" app. It has my list of things to do before pulling out of the driveway. And it has convenient little "strike thoughs" to show it has been completed. This works well as I can actually spread the checks offs over a day or two. For example my list has "dog food", something I don't want to forget to pack.

Plus, being on my phone means I won't forget to bring that. Not that I ever have :(

On the Droid it is called Color Note
Been using the color note for other things and used to it, started my list and share it with DH so if he gets something done, it shows up on mine as well.

GOTTOYS

Geeze, something else to put on my list. This "camping" is starting to get expensive... new RV, new tow vehicle, all kinds of new camping gear. Wait til my wife finds out we have to buy a dog.

Rodbuster
My wife and I are still laughing at your post!..Don