Big Country 2008 3250TS - Sofa Bed - 2 problems

We never had occasion to use our sofa bed until recently. There are two issues with it. (1) It leaks air. (2) the bed "folds-up" on those who are trying to sleep on it. There are no instructions for use, but the frame does not LOCK when pulled out of the sofa. The electric air pump works great and fills the mattress quickly, but ours has a leak, so a quality control problem must exist since it's never been used and failed the first time.

How do we repair the leak? and ... what can be done to lock the frame so that it doesn't fold up on people trying to sleep on it?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Can't help with the folding up while sitting on it other than sit in a different spot when getting into bed.
As for your leaks, I guess you should have tried it out a little sooner, like when you were under warranty. But, Flair has been really good about helping people out. You might try and give them a call on Monday.
Flair Interiors
(574) 534-2163
One other thing, there are air relief caps or a cap on the mattress. Are they tight?

Peace
Dave

B

bwwalczak

This is going back a few years, but I do remember there were some issues with some of the mattresses a few years ago. Some of these issues forced us to improve upon what our vendors were providing.

There are a couple of solutions. First, many similar sized mattresses are sold at local Wal-marts (in case it is out of warranty). Second, you can contact Flair - at the number above and they may be able to work with you - however no promises. Finally, if you do call Flair, they should be able to give you an opportunity to purchase a "holding bag" offered on newer sofas. This bag is intended to prevent unwanted and unnecessary creases when bed is folded up.

I hope this helps.

olcoon

Ours came with a repair kit, in case it needed to be patched. It also came with the bag Bryan described. I'm sure you could go to Wally World, or someplace that sells the air beds, and a find repair kit to fix it. If you call Flair they may have the kits to sell. I think mainly what the problem is Bryan said to prevent the creases, and also to "protect" the mattress from coming in contact with sharp edges. When we got ours, after reading posts on on here, I checked for sharp edges, and anything else that might cause a leak.

caissiel

I also had a leak on the first time using the bed last winter and did the repair with the kit. It was on the top felt side and the patch did not do a 100% patch and it leaks through the night.
I contacted Flair and since I am in Canada shipping will be very expensive.
I was informed that the repair can be done using Gorila Glue, that will be much better then the kit.

Mine has a wear on the back side of the pump, and since we travel a lot the weight of the pump on the bag must have worn through to make a tiny hole. I have added lots of tap on the area and hope it fixes the wear problem, but still will give the Gorila glue a try.
I will get a new bag when I am in the states next winter.