Day/Night Shade Removal

mdedgett

I need to restring one of the shades in our 2011 Bighorn 3670RL. I cannot see any obvious way to remove the shade or to remove the valence. Does anyone have any insight before I start to destroy something?

lcdrdean

The valance is screwed to the wall with 4 screws on the inside of the the valance. Two are on the bottom inside underneath a fold of fabric. The other two are underneath the top of the valance.

pegmikef

I don't know about the valance because I have a North Trail, but the shade is screwed to the top of the opening through the bottom of the top rail. There should be two to four screws dependent on the length of the shade (my large back window has four). The screws are small and kind of hard to see. I had to open the shade completely and then push the fabric back a little to expose the whole top rail. You also have to take off the string termination screws from the wall. If it is one of the long shades you might want to have another pair of hands to hold one end while you are unscrewing the other end. The string on mine was sun rotted so I replaced it with ninety pound fish line. Works well.

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
mdedgett, Where is the shade you need to repair? If it's under a cabinet, there should be a couple screws up through the top of the valence into the cabinet. The side bolsters are secured at the lower outside corners with screws hidden in the folds of the fabric. You may have screws hidden in the upper outer corners as well. Same as the bottoms, in the fabric folds. Have fun!!!