Anyone add an electric Tongue Jack to your MPG?

marc515

Would like some recommendations for a decent quality electric tongue jack for our MPG

Thank you!

pegmikef

I have a Barker 3500 and it works well. It is really bigger than I need, but I got a bigger one because I figure it doesn't have to work as hard and may last longer. I bought it for my Edge M21 and then transferred it to my North Trail. Simple hook up and easy to install. All you need is a couple of jackstands and a couple of wrenches (I forget the size). Takes about ten minutes. Make sure you know the size of your shaft as some are only two inches and then get one that fits. I think the one I have is two and a quarter inches. These have a manual override in case of a dead battery or motor failure. I forget where I bought it, but I just googled it and bought it on line probably from Amazon or Ebay. I think it was around 180 bucks and no shipping charge.

Yellowreef

Ditto on the Barker. Made in the USA and about the same price as some of the China crap for much better quality. Cant go wrong.

marc515

Still looking t see if anyone had added an electric jack to their MPG?

I'm looking at the Barker 3500- The diameter is 2-1/4", but not sure which travel length to get; 18" or 24". How would I measure to ensure I get the right one?

Thank you

pegmikef

Gee, I didn't know they had different lengths, but I think mine is 24 inches. Personally, I lean toward the longer length because I have camped in some parks (Belton lake and Potters Creek in Texas for example) where the sites are somewhat steep from front to back and you have to raise the tongue end kind of high to get level.

marc515

Just mounted a Barker VIP 3500 on our MPG-181; NO MORE CRANKING

Super easy installation
!0901111557.jpg

pegmikef

Great, you will learn to love it. I bought the optional vinyl cover for mine because the sun down here in Texas just eats anything plastic up.