Need a Gauge

Rodbuster

I would like advice on what kind of adapter I can put on my compressor hose to get air into the inner tire for my 2011 Ford F350 dually.

I don't care to put on valve extenders because, from what I've read, about 75% of the people that have them say that they are not happy with them.

If you should come up with an adapter, the manufacturer's name and where it could be purchased sure would help.

Thank you
Rodbuster

PUG

Pug
a standard air filler is what i use. it has a head straight on and another 180 degrees on the back side.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You should be able to pick up a longer air chuck, made for trucks, at any auto parts store. I think they even have them around the air compressor fitting section at Home Depot. As for extensions, I asked at a truck tire dealer soon after getting the truck. I was also warned against putting them on.

porthole

Retired
The new Fords have the "cap less" cap. It is a bit easier to get air in if you remove the cap. The extra length of the cap makes it difficult to get an air chuck on the stem.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
a standard air filler is what i use. it has a head straight on and another 180 degrees on the back side.

Like PUG is saying, just go get standard air chuck. Get one with a long stem on it. Truck stops are a great place to buy one.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I had extenders on a previous dually and I was always having to fool around with them. They came loose and leaked quite often. I don't recommend them unless they have really been improved since then.