Crossroads RV Rushmore

K

karykatz

Good Morning Heartland Owners,

I hope all is well. Everyone form Heartland RV just wanted to address Crossroads RV new Rushmore brand of fifth wheels. As you know, one of the Landmark's model names is Rushmore. In our industry, floor plans change and models come and go. The Rushmore is one of our best selling floor plans and we will continue to build this model as long as retail sales support production. We didn't feel Crossroads using this name would affect our model or the Landmark Brand.

Everyone from Landmark Team will continue to make improvements on existing and future floor plans. Our goal is to make Landmark the best value in the market for Fulltimers. I hope this helps eliminates any confussion.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Kary, thanks for posting this.

As we were arriving in Goshen for the Rally my wife noticed a Rushmore behind an RV transporter. She asked me, "Doesn't Heartland make the Rushmore?" I said Heartlands still have "Landmark" on the front cap. I wasn't sure what this Rushmore" trailer was at the time. We found out at the Rally about the new line from Crossroads.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We saw the Rushmore at Ron Hoover in LaMarque Tx. We looked inside and although it was nice it did not come up to the Landmark standard. The price on it was $70000 and change. We should be aware that Thor Industries owns both the Crossroads and Heartland companies so any lawsuit for name infringement would be like suing yourself. I am surprised though that Thor allowed this to occur. Remember the Eagle name problems? But at that time it was two separate unrelated corporations. When I first saw the Rushmore on the front cap it confused me. My opinion is the CEO of Heartland should be vigorously protesting the use of the Rushmore name to executives at Thor.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi, what is the difference between the Heartland Landmark Rushmore, and the Crossroads RV Rushmore? Are they totally different floorplans?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hi, what is the difference between the Heartland Landmark Rushmore, and the Crossroads RV Rushmore? Are they totally different floorplans?

They are the same in name only. Everything else is different. Even the company. The Landmark Mt. Rushmore is a floorplan and the Crossroads Rushmore is a Model. The name Rushmore would compare to the name Landmark.