2011 32RL no cooling in bedroom

Hi, We are new owners of a 2011 32RL, real nice rig, alot of options. Ours has a single ac unit upgraded to 15,000 btu's. I set the stat at 75, the unit didn't shut off for the whole day and it was 85 outside, and the bedroom didn't get cool. I could feel a little air coming out the vent but not enought.
Also did anybody change their vents to a style that can be closed off ?
Thanks
Bob

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
CoronaBobby, welcome to the forum. You should get a few answers to your questions. This forum is a great place for help and helping others.
Your situation is not uncomon and many people have figured out some way to improve the airflow to the bedroom. RIGHT HERE is an old thread that deals with improving the airflow, complete with pictures. I did this on my last unit and it did help. Check it out.
If it was 85 outside, about the best you can hope for is 75 inside. This is one reason many people have two AC units.
Hope this helps.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Until you can modify the ducts or add a second A/C, one thing you can do now is to close the large vent opening on the A/C register cover. That will put a bit more air into the duct work. The only adjustable vents in our rig are in the bathroom. You can also get some small 120V desk fans to help circulate the air around the rig. We don't have to run our single A/C a lot, but when we do, the extra fans and closing the vent work quite well. Unfortunately, the ceiling fan is more of a decoration than a help in moving air.