RV Outlet and Heartland are not a good mix.

Pigme

We purchase a new 2010 Cyclone 3914, in March 2011, from RV Outlet at a liquidation show in Bullhead City, AZ. We were told it was a "Dealer's Demo" and it would be "fixed" to "like new" condition, before we took delivery. Nine weeks later, we took home our Cyclone with NOTHING repaired. Several of missing or broken items were replaced but none of the damage was repaired by the RV Care Center in Bullhead City, AZ. This was where the RV Outlet representative took our Cyclone for the “authorized” repairs.
Some of the repairs are:
Living room slide out outside molding separation and severe wear on the floor from slider misalignment
Bent loft beds rails and brackets
Warped main storage door, it will not lock
Warped water station, there is severe separation from the walls
Severe under body rust
Leaking water line (ice maker feed) under kitchen slide out
And several additional problems
We are still trying to get these and other items fixed and are in contact with RV Outlet.
Any suggestion on how to speed up our “warranty” work.
:mad::mad::confused::confused::(:(

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Pigme, welcome to the forum. However it could be under a better circumstance. But there is lots of good information available here.
A couple of things come to mind here. Sometimes liquidators will buy stuff from a dealer or auction and that makes them the new owner and title holder. Do you know if the Cyclone has been previously titled? If it has then most likely any warranty would have been used up. Lets hope not.
Also do you know if RV Outlet or Rv Care Center are authorized Heartland dealers?
I would call Heartland Customer Service and explain the situation. They may be able help you find a competent repair facility.
Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030
Come back and let us know how this plays out.

Peace
Dave

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
So sorry for your situation and hopeful it can be remedied ASAP! I am curious (no ill intentions) as to how you took delivery on a rig with so many issues? For me personally, I would have requested the issues fixed before I laid down my hard earned cash!

Do follow "cookies" advice about contacting Heartland. Perhaps they can shed some light on the situation and lend a hand!

Best Wishes!

Pigme

What other options did we have? We were already making loan payments and no more repairs were forth coming. The "RV Care Center" was not our choice and we live 150 miles away. At least with our trailer in our custody we have more control. RV Outlet's representative did not delivery what was promised and ran a fast one on us. Our trailer was suppose to be hauled to the Quartzside RV Outlet center for the repairs.

For now it appears that both RV Outlet and Heartland are working with us. If they offered to buy back out trailer, clearing our loan and assist in the purchuse of a new toyhauler, we would concide their offer.

macjj

Pigme et all;

We just purchased a 2012 Bighorn 3070 RL from RV Outlet in Ringhold VA and got a wonderfull receiption. I inquired if this was a factory reject or there was some other reason for the price, we were not informed of any difficiencies and did not note any throughout the walkthrough. I will have to admint we have yet to take the unit off the lot as we live in California and intend to travel back in January. From other forums I noted this RV Outlet has received favorable reviews, so not all the outlet shops are equal.

Sorry for all your issues, but is good to hear Hartland is working with you.

Good luck (and to us)

Jim and Carol - CA

Wharton

This sure doesn't sound like the RV Outlet in VA. I have never heard anything seriously bad about them. I wonder if there are multiple with the same name or the forum member just shortened the name.

patsak

This cannot be the same RV Outlet in Ringgold, VA. They were locally owned and only had the one store. Someone else must be using the name in Arizona???