I do know if the antenna booster works with the main television

I just picked up my new 3070 RLS and have been checking things out. I raised the antenna and turned on the signal amplifier, which is in the bedroom, however it made no didfference in the reception. There is very little mentioned in the owners manual except the models of boosters that MAY be in your unit. Any suggestions?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
TopCat, I'm attaching a pdf of the antenna and booster. I'm assuming you have the TV hooked up and coax going to the correct inputs. Then there's the task of figuring out which direction to aim the antenna. That little pointer on the ceiling is only a guide to tell you the position for lowering the antenna. It is pretty much 90 degrees off of the direction the antenna is pointing. CLICK HERE for a website to help you determine where to aim the antenna for your location.
If your connected right and the antenna is aimed pretty close and you know how to have your TV scan for channels and still have problems, it possible there is a loose connection on the back of the booster. Worse case scenario, the cables are not connected to the booster correctly.
Come back and let us know how things work out. By the way, Welcome to the heartland Forum & Family.

Attachments

• Antenna Tek.pdf
    64.8 KB · Views: 65

traveler44

You might do like I did and run a coax from the bedroom straight to the back of the tv. This will tell you if there is a problem with the connectors under the slide. I had a couple of bad connectors just inside the frame. The double male type. I replaced them and wrapped them with electrical tape and went from 1-2 channels up to about 15 channels. I have heard of bad connections on the coax where it goes into the wall too. Somebody said they sometimes don't crimp them on right. J.B. can give you some advice on the antenna booster. Click my profile and my posts and you should be able to find it. Hope this helps. Tom M.