TV mount question (tool required)

bcampagnolo

I have a 2010 Sundance XLT 5th wheel with a factory installed TV.

I can't seem to figure out the right tool to loosen the set-screw that holds the TV secure to the wall mount.
It has almost 0 clearance and needs to be long enough to turn at the bottom of the TV - and there is a shelf right there as well - so it can't be too long.

I have tried a long slotted screw driver and a long hex / allen wrench, but I can't see the set-screw to even know if I'm guessing right.

If anyone has a hint or a size or what tool is required, that would help. I have tried to determine the mount kit used and did not have much luck.

I'm hoping it's a metric allen key and I can put a 6-12" extension on a socket with an allen key attachment or something. A standard allen wrench will only get me a few degrees of turn (once I get the right size).

Thanks everyone!
Paul

jimtoo

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure someone with a Sundance like yours will jump in soon and give you the answer to your problem.

Enjoy the forum and your new Sundance.

Jim M

Paul_W

Hi Paul. I know that mount well. It is made by Peerless. Here is a link to it http://www.peerlessmounts.com/dyn/Products/BrowseProduct.aspx/sp/7321/. There is an installation link there that will help you locate the screws. I finally figured mine out last weekend. You will need a very long 4mm hex wrench to remove the two screws from underneath the bottom cleat holding the TV in place. My hex wrench was included in the plastic Heartland folder of manuals I received with my Sundance. I was able to see one of these screws by putting the side of my head against the wall at the right side of the TV and shining a flashlight down the back. I also put a mirror under the bottom of the set and looked up the wall. Once I had the two screws located, it was a matter of trial and error to get the wrench in there and pull them out. An important tip is DON'T STOP turning the screws until they fall out. The TV will not come off the wall until they are out. Needless to say, that mount is now history and it has been replaced with a nice articulating model which enables the TV to be seen easily from the entire couch. Good luck!

Last edited: