Road Warrior 405 first 4 months

Brentk23

I purchased new 2011 Road Warrior 405 March 24, 2011. My wife and I love the layout of the camper. There is plenty of room for the whole family. One wife, two kids, a Great Dane, and a Mini Aussie. We like having four queen beds in camper for when we have extra overnight guests. The layout is perfect for our family. Here are the issues that I am having with my camper. My water pump leaked and ruined floor in kitchen. The table for toy hauler was damaged and did not fit mounts in the camper floor. The closet door latch has broken twice now. Drawer in kitchen broke. Fridge drain was draining into camper. The cable reel for locking down toys broke. Compartment door latches were not locking. Slide out in kitchen drags on floor and has damaged linoleum. Satellite connections must have come loose in walls. My kitchen sink has fallen through the cabinet. The brakes on camper do not work after pulling the first few miles every trip. The dealer said they could not find anything wrong with them. The hand soap dispenser in docking station is being crushed by the shock on compartment door. Has anyone else had problems like these with thier camper, or do I seem to have a defective unit.

ccupton

Brentk23- We have had all kinds of issues and have had them repaired by a local shop. Heartland has been good about letting them do the work on our coach. Our dealer has been no help with our problems. We use McBridesRV in Chino,Ca. Great people to work with. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA+++++++++++++++++++

Me again....ours is a RW361..didn't list that earlier...we did a very lenghty walk thru on ours as well...went out in it one weekend and stuff just quit working or fell apart.

Hi there...oh how we can fill your pain...we bought our toyhauler in April of this year at McClains in Denton ...brand new...been in the shop now a total of 6 weeks(3weeks the first time and still in the shop now at the McClains in Fort Worth). I'm so disapointed. You wait forever to be able to afford the perfect camper and then all you do is fight with the manufactuerer and the dealer.
We have had the microvwave go out, the pump on our outside fuel tank go out, the awning has went bazurke and did damage to the camper which the mfg is refusing to do anything about...the list goes on. We love the camper itself but it appears we have a very expensive piece of junk.. and no we are not new campers..been camping for over 30 years. Everything from tounge pull to slide ins and have never ran accross so many problems.

Hang in there...hopefully we'll both be able to get at least some of our problems resolved.

Lee and Alfie
Azle Texas:cool:

Last edited:

6.7powerstroke

We have had a fair share of issues too. My bigger issue has been the dealer being so completely unhelpful. Rear leg on dining table in toy box broke, took 3 months to get in. Landing gear hasn't worked right for 2 months, dealer can't seem to figure out what it is. Only extends, doesn't retract. Sort of an issue. Seal on city water outlet broke so when you use holding tank water comes out of city hook up. Now, I think we have trailer brake issues. Love the camper, been less than happy with the service. It is an act of God to get the thing serviced with my dealer and I know this trailer brake thing is going to be a long painful exercise.

szewczyk_john

I bought our Road Warrior in February and picked it up in March. We had one water leak (behind hot water tank), the closet door closure broke, and two of our cabinet doors malfunctioned where they attached the metal arm to the wood. I considered these minor issues and fixed them my self. Sorry to hear your problems. I think some of your problems should have appeared while doing your walkthrough. I did a really thorough walk through and did not see any issues. We love this camper and know that we made the right decision. I hope your dealer do right by you.

toyhaulin

Well we just picked our 405 2 weeks ago. Haven't made our maiden voyage yet so I'm praying there will be no big issues. I caught some minor things at the walk through. But so far the only problem I've seen is one of my slide out bottom seals got a minor tear when it got pinched. Going up to Mammoth next week so wish me luck.

Lamphere

We have a 2011 Cyclone 2812, we had several small problems when we first got it but after several trips back to the dealership everything is starting to look up. We still have a graphic that is pealing and awning that is falling off, but the minor things like the water pump running, closet door latch broke and screws breaking off are all holding up well. I hope you all have good luck like we have, once you get the kinks worked out it will be great.

Wow...now I don't feel so bad about our purely cosmetic issues....I am rather picky being a finish-carpenter's daughter. So far we've had ZERO real issues, knock wood! We are having an RV detailer put better seals on the slides, put silicone seals around the shower (NONE there!!!!) and I've had to file/sand down all of the drawers and cabinets inside (got tired of pulling splinters out of my hands). We are getting ready to full time, with less than a month to go, so we're really, really hoping they've improved craftsmanship...we took delivery from Michigan in May. Wow, if Heartland is having these issues, what are the other manufacurers not doing?!

Brentk23

I contacted dealer to day to check on status of my camper. Still waiting on parts. I asked him if he fixed the brakes. He told me that they pulled the tires off and the brakes looked new. Well duhh it is a new camper. He said he did not see anything wrong. Well I can tell you they do not work. I have used a seperate tow vehicle that belongs to my father in law, and the brakes on camper still did not hold. He pulls his camper often with no braking issues. I do not know what to do this is the second time that I have brought it in for the brakes. It is kind of dangerous pulling a 40 footer with little to no brakes. I just do not know what to do. My camper seems to be falling apart and it is unsafe to tow. So I guess Heartland just expects us to camp in my driveway.

ccupton

We are still waiting on a ladder for our 305rw. We bought our coach on april 23, 2011. The dealer lost the one that came with the coach. We have had our issues with quality also. The fender wells on the slide didn't line up with the wheels. Heartland paid to have the side removed and repaired. The dealer overflowed the water tank before our PDI and flooded the under carrage. Heartland paid to have repaired. Awning missing parts and Heartland repaired. We have had other issues and i repaired them myself. The quality control is not the best.

Brentk23

Well, Today made 95 days in the shop. No hope of getting my camper back anytime soon. I visited the shop to check on it and the camper is torn apart. Dust on everything. Slideouts are removed. The camper is in a shop but they did not cover the hole where the slideout was and now it is exposed to dust and diesel fumes from the shop. I asked them if the could cover the hole with some plastic and they said NO!
My cabinet drawers are on my leather couch with the corners of the drawers poking into the leather. I am extremely unhappy with my dealer and with heartland. I am getting no help at all. I have paid 68,000 dollars for a camper that I can not even use. If any would could has a clue of what I should do please let me know. I am so ready to start camping with the family again!

WOW!! It's sure a good thing you and your family aren't full timing...what the heck would they do then? Is it too late to tell the dealer to $*#(@? and give you your money back? I've never seen a worse example of customer service in my life...Heartland, why don't you intervene?!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
From what I am reading is that no one from Heartland is reading this site or they don't care

I don't think it's that Heartland does not care or is not reading this "site". They do however read the "Ask the Factory Forum". This is not the "Ask the Factory" forum.
Also I saw no mention of a phone call to Heartland Customer Service.
I sympathize with the OP regarding time spent at the dealer, that is out of line, but there are proper steps to take for any hope of help.

Peace
Dave

Brentk23

I have contacted heartland directly. I was told that they will not refund or replace the camper. They will try to repair. Today makes 100 days in shop. I am not posting on this blog as a way of communicating with heartland. I am looking for advice from other heartland owners who may be able to give me advice on what I should do from their own experiences with heartland.
I don't think it's that Heartland does not care or is not reading this "site". They do however read the "Ask the Factory Forum". This is not the "Ask the Factory" forum.
Also I saw no mention of a phone call to Heartland Customer Service.
I sympathize with the OP regarding time spent at the dealer, that is out of line, but there are proper steps to take for any hope of help.

Peace
Dave

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Brentk23 my name is AJ Jones I am the GM that oversee's the RoadWarrior line, first I want to appologize for the late response, and I am very concerned about the issues that you are having with unit. I would like to work with you to try to get this issue resolved ASAP. Please message or email (aj.jones@heartlandrvs.com)me the phone number that would be best to reach you on.

Your not alone. When I first got mine home, I had problems with the TV/Cable/sat connection not being properly wired. Water pump went out several weeks later. Kitchen drawer assembly broke loose. Generator had to be replaced. I have been using RV for over 30 years and this is the worse experinece I have ever had. I will never buy a new RV again. Dealers dont seem to care about you anymore once you drive it off the lot.

Brentk23

It was a pleasure speaking with you today Mr. Jones. After speaking with you and Mr. Steve K. I feel alot better. I now can see a light at the end of this long tunnel. Thank you so much for your concern!
Brentk23 my name is AJ Jones I am the GM that oversee's the RoadWarrior line, first I want to appologize for the late response, and I am very concerned about the issues that you are having with unit. I would like to work with you to try to get this issue resolved ASAP. Please message or email (aj.jones@heartlandrvs.com)me the phone number that would be best to reach you on.

Brentk23

Well today made 101 days for me in the shop. I guess you just have to go above the dealers head and go directly to heartland themselves, to resolve issues. This is the forth camper that I have owned. My camper previous to this one was a 2005 Laredo 29RL. Six years in camper and almost completly problem free.
Your not alone. When I first got mine home, I had problems with the TV/Cable/sat connection not being properly wired. Water pump went out several weeks later. Kitchen drawer assembly broke loose. Generator had to be replaced. I have been using RV for over 30 years and this is the worse experinece I have ever had. I will never buy a new RV again. Dealers dont seem to care about you anymore once you drive it off the lot.