Looking into a New Heartland EDGE

megabusa

I looking into a new Camper About a 18' to 21' , I like the Skyline - Lance- Hartland , The Hartland EDGE is fine looking but never got to go in one , Only looked at photos, I live @ 2 1/2 hours from the dealers and hopeing you can tell me a little about your Hartland . Is it a good value for the $$$? Does it hold up well ? Does anyone pull with a Tocoma V-6 ? Does it give many Problems ? Help Me O-B-1 Im in the dark side here :angel:

jimtoo

Re: Looking into a New Hartland EDGE

Hi megabusa,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I think the Heartland line is great. The company stands behind their products better than any other. Heartland folks actually watch areas of the forum for ideas and to help when they can. Nothing is perfect and you will hear of the bad and the good here on the forum.

I'm sure will get your answers soon from other owners.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

jimtoo

Yep.,,, Texas is home ... I may travel a bit.. but Texas is home. :)
Jim M

frano

We just ordered a 2012 Edge M21 and will be towing with a 2011 Toyota V6 Tacoma with tow package. I know the Tacoma pulls our 2500 pound Dutchmen T@da with no problems and I'm hoping it also does well with the Edge. I'll let folks know how the Tacoma does as soon as we get our new trailer. I'm in hilly New England, and am a little anxious to see how the truck does.

PhotoPete

megabusa, I just took delivery of a shiny new edge m21. It does seem to be a well built rig. We are camping in it as I write this. So far so good. I a having a little trouble with the refer not getting cold enough, but I'll have that looked at when I return. It turns a lot of heads in the camp ground. You didn't mention how many people will need to live in it. For us it's the ideal size, but we are just 2. A family of 4 might find it small.Photopete

pegmikef

Be advised that the number in the names of the Edge trailers is not necessarily the actual towing length. For example my Edge M21 was actually 23'7" bumper to tongue tip. It was a very nice trailer though.

megabusa

We just ordered a 2012 Edge M21 and will be towing with a 2011 Toyota V6 Tacoma with tow package. I know the Tacoma pulls our 2500 pound Dutchmen T@da with no problems and I'm hoping it also does well with the Edge. I'll let folks know how the Tacoma does as soon as we get our new trailer. I'm in hilly New England, and am a little anxious to see how the truck does.
I had a Skyline that I pulled with my Tacoma , It was a 189 something ? & it was around 3400 lbs dry & my Toy pulled it with no problem , If its a windy day and Im going up hill then head winds play a facter , I know this becouse I allso pull a Boat that is @ 3700 lbs with my Toy and its like its not on the back of the Truck . But let know how it works out with ya . Ill keep my eyes open

megabusa

Ha PhotoPete look in the Refrige and you should see what looks like Cooling Fins , On the last Fin to the RIGHT you should see a Wire thats SLIDES UP & DOWN See if its all the way to the top ? That makes it colder. BY-THE-WAY SO far its a Toss-Up The EDGE M21 and the Koala 21CS :confused:

megabusa

Hi megabusa,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I think the Heartland line is great. The company stands behind their products better than any other. Heartland folks actually watch areas of the forum for ideas and to help when they can. Nothing is perfect and you will hear of the bad and the good here on the forum.

I'm sure will get your answers soon from other owners.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M
Ha Jim you do know Tabasco is made in Louisiana :eek:

megabusa

megabusa, I just took delivery of a shiny new edge m21. It does seem to be a well built rig. We are camping in it as I write this. So far so good. I a having a little trouble with the refer not getting cold enough, but I'll have that looked at when I return. It turns a lot of heads in the camp ground. You didn't mention how many people will need to live in it. For us it's the ideal size, but we are just 2. A family of 4 might find it small.Photopete
My Son is 31 years old and on his own & doing good around the New Orleans aera where he lives , So its just my Wife & I now , ! BUT ! a little more room is good , If ya know what I mean :p

megabusa

Ha Pete Im looking at your Map of the US , Ya need to color in more to the west , Ya missing all the good stuff :cool:

PhotoPete

Tell me about it! I was almost in Montana a couple weeks ago! The west will come when we go full time and drive around the country in say 5 years. I am working on being fully retired. Just need to convince my wife it's a good idea. Then it's big fith wheel and a nice truck for me. But for now I'm digging the edge and my three week jaunts to wherever.

RonBB

I agree with MegaBusa, I adjusted my Fridge & it will make ice in plastic trays while on 120 V, haven't tried to make ice while on 12 V or propane. Good luck.

megabusa

Would you like to explain this comment???? Yes,, I do know where Tabasco is made,, I have been there.

Jim M
Jim I was lookimg at the Photo that was in your Post , Was that not you with the guy dressed up in a Tabasco bottel ? Im from New Orleans and live in AZ now , I was talking with Folks over here a time ago and they all thought Tabasco comes from TX or Mixico , I was trying to make a funny :eek:

Last edited:

megabusa

Tell me about it! I was almost in Montana a couple weeks ago! The west will come when we go full time and drive around the country in say 5 years. I am working on being fully retired. Just need to convince my wife it's a good idea. Then it's big fith wheel and a nice truck for me. But for now I'm digging the edge and my three week jaunts to wherever.
When ya come this way let me know & I tell ya where the good stuff is , When I was young My Dad took us all over the US & Canada to most National & State Parks some times 2 times a year , He was with Gen Patton in WWII and all the time on the move , I guess it was in his Blood :) I do miss Him so :angel:

Yellowreef

I have not adjusted my fridge and it has always made ice in the freezer compartment. However, I havent been happy with the refrigerator compartment. Seems too warm and when we get back home we realize a lot of food has degraded during the trip and has to be thrown out. I'll have to check into that setting "wire".

megabusa

I have not adjusted my fridge and it has always made ice in the freezer compartment. However, I havent been happy with the refrigerator compartment. Seems too warm and when we get back home we realize a lot of food has degraded during the trip and has to be thrown out. I'll have to check into that setting "wire".
It should be marked in the Fridge part UP and to the RIGHT NOT the Freezer part , BUT! With my Fridge it was cold in the Fridge part but not cold to make ice in the Freezer part , When I pussed it all the way up I had ice in @ 2 or so hours . But Note Im kinda new to this to, I don't know if they all work the same? Ha I talked with a Friend just a little wile ago , He sells RVs Im not sure if I know what this means but he said you might not have e-nuff air flow behind the Fridge ?

jimtoo

Jim I was lookimg at the Photo that was in your Post , Was that not you with the guy dressed up in a Tabasco bottel ? Im from New Orleans and live in AZ now , I was talking with Folks over here a time ago and they all thought Tabasco comes from TX or Mixico , I was trying to make a funny :eek:

OK,,, Yep,, I know where it's made,,, We were with some friends competing at the World Championship Gumbo Cookoff in New Iberia, La when that photo was made,,, about 2 years ago. I was not thinking photo when I read your post,,, most of the time I'm not thinking anyway,,,, :) 5 years ago we got 3rd place,,, 4 years ago we made the final table of judging... But now they wont let a Texan win for some reason,,, guess they think gumbo is a La thing only. :)

Jim