Towing a 2011 Greystone 32RL

I am taking delivery of a Greystone 32RL next week. I have a 2010 F250 Superduty with a 5.4. The dealer didn't even ask what we had for a tow vehicle till we purchased the rig. I'm concerned that the pin weight might be too much along with the GVW. I had a fifth wheel 25 years ago but just now getting back into it with this purchase and I need some pointers on towing.
Any thoughts?

jimtoo

Hi Eagles-Nest,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You need to check your vehicle stickers with the weight rating on them. I'm sure some of the other members will jump in here soon and give you the information your asking for.

Enjoy the forum and your new Greystone.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Eagles Nest, Welcome to the Heartland Forum & Family. I don't believe the F250 will be your weak link but the 5.4 will be challenged. If it's set up for towing and has a tow haul button, be sure to use it. Also make sure your truck has a trans cooler. An aftermarket engine oil cooler would also be a good option. I don't know how Ford equips the F250's with the 5.4 so these may be items you already have on the truck. Mostly though, enjoy the new 5th wheel.

caissiel

The first thing to happen while towing will be the heat. It will cause the engine to run much hotter and then the possibility of the exhaust manifold to fail.. The 454 GM was bad for that even with enough capacity to tow the heavy loads.

My friend with a 9000 lbs trailer 5th wheel just could not go anywhere on long trips with his 5.2L Dodge due to overheating.

Thanks for the input,
The truck has the tow package and I know the 5.4 will be put to the test along with the cooling system.
I am concerned with load limits as well.