RIP Bear

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
:(Our traveling buddy Bear was killed today. I let him out at 0630 this morning from his kennel, he made his rounds out to the pasture with the cows and for some reason went to the road. We live out in the country but have a paved road. People drive 75 in a 45. My question is: How do you not see a big, white, 120+ lb Great Pyrenes? If this person can run over him then what keeps them from running over a child?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Please accept our condolences. We have pets and know how hard this is. Trace and Teri

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
So sorry to hear this. It's bad enough to lose one due to age or illness, but this way is the worst.Kristy

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Rex and Stacy, we are very sorry for your loss. It's tough to lose your pal.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Rex and Stacy, Sorry to hear you've lost a best friend. Our sympathy goes out to you. Keep Bear in your hearts forever.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Thanks everyone. Bear was not a working dog on the farm because of some joint issues. He became a big pet and went everywhere with me. Kinda lonesome around the place today.

cashb

consider another pet, even tho you may feel you can't replace him... (which, of course you can't). But a new "family member" can heal your heart! Sorry for your loss.

Paul & Nan

So sorry for you loss and we hope reading this will give some comfort. Gentle hugs.
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Thanks again for the kind words and just to let you know we got a new traveling pal. This time we adopted and went considerably smaller. I went by the animal shelter to see if they had any leads and/or be on the lookout for another Great Pyrenes and they had this little abused two year old Shih-Tzu/Schnauser (****zer). I brought him home and after about a week of mending some trust issues he is now another spoiled member of the family.

His name is Arnie and he loves to ride in the truck and runs up the steps of the camper like he owns it. He will never replace Bear but we will love him anyway.

Bobby A

I'm sorry for your loss, what a tramatic experiance it must of been. We just had to put ours down last week and I'm still greaving. We will keep you in our thought and prayers.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I'm sorry for your loss, what a tramatic experiance it must of been. We just had to put ours down last week and I'm still greaving. We will keep you in our thought and prayers.

You never really forget any of them. I still miss the antics of our first cat, Boris, and we had to put him down in late 1989 at 15 years. We're currently caregivers to #6 & 7, and I can recall the personalities of all of their predecessors. We still get moist eyed reminiscing about them.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Rex, we'll be looking forward to meeting Arnie in Canton in October.