No tv using antenna, in living room

Midastouch

First time we have had to rely on the antenna for TV (always had cable available) and we find out the main TV is not getting a signal like it should. The bedroom tv is fine but the main tv goes on and off ..... no signal with a blue screen ... then the antenna signal comes in, then off it goes again. Checked the wires on the back, unhooked the coax from the box and ran a seperate coax from it to the TV ... same thing. I don't know whether it could be the TV that will not operate with the antenna or the wingard switchbox is faulty in the TV/antenna output .... any suggestions? I will be at my dealer Wednesday and want to call him tomorrow to alert him of the problem just in case we need a new box or something .... :confused: :confused: :confused: Give me some advice on what to test, etc..... as I said before ... the bedroom tv is operating fine on the antenna.

davebennington

We had the very same problem several months ago. It turn out to be the Bat wing antenna, I only found out by contacting Wingard they help me find out what the problem was and sent me a new antenna (no charge) just had to return theold one. Great company.

Dave

jbeletti

Lynne,

Take that same test piece of coax and run it from the same jack on the box (that sounds funny) to the bedroom TV. This will tell you if the Winegard RF box is bad or not. If the signal is good and solid on the bedroom TV from the same jack on the box but bad on the livingroom TV, sounds like a livingroom TV problem in that case. Should be solvable pretty quickly.

If you need it, here on the Landmark forum and also on the Heartland factory website is the A/V wiring diagram.

If the box is bad, like Dave suggested, perhaps Winegard will swap it out. If not, Heartland may do it for you.

My guess is that the TV antenna is probably good since the picture is clear and solid on the bedroom TV. By the way, on the Landmark, there is a 2 way splitter in the line that feeds the bedroom TV. The other side of the splitter feeds the TV outlet in the basement. Not part of your issue, just thought I'd pass that along.

Good luck and keep in touch on your guys' latest advendure

Jim

ct0218

Also check your coax connectors (fittings). Mine were just awful--looked like my 8 yr old grandson crimped them after a squirrel chewed on the coax. I had the same problem until I replaced all of them.