• Canadian

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Both

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • None

Votes: 9 8.2%

• Total voters

PhotoPete

I always fly an American Flag at my camp site. I noticed over the last week that very few others do. Just curious how many of you out there fly your countries flag?

Well I guess this Texan will be stepping up and shopping for a Texas Flag this weekend because we have only been flying the American Flag. One of the first times we went out camping several RV'ers had a Flag pole made out of PVC pipe so when we got home went on the internet and found the instructions to make my own.

Jim

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We fly the American on top and the MIA under it. On the front of the rig we fly the American, Tennessee and Good Sam in smaller versions. I have purchased a solar light that I can tie wrap to the big pole to light up the American at night like it is supposed to be flown. A lot of people have fought for this flag including myself and a lot of people have given the ultimate sacrifice for it and I consider it my job to honor them.

Moose

I have yet to camp in the USA so up till now I only flew the Canadian flag.

Maybe I will also fly my Provincial flag as well, like I do at my home (fly both).

I guess if the BH floated I'd be flying the flag of the Country whose water I was in too.

I see nothing wrong whatsoever in taking pride in flying your Nation's flag, In fact I encourage it. Wish more people would fly the flag at home.

caissiel

I flew the Canadian/USA Banner and my provincial flag all winter while in Florida at my site.

I flew the banner because it was given to my by an american
I was going to fly my Canadian Flag but flew the given banner next to his site.
One more american flew the same banner on his site close to mine.

Delaine and Lindy

I fly the American flag 365 days a year and a POW/MIA, and a "Don't Tread On Me and a Tennessee Flag... I have noticed less Americans flags this year for some reason. Almost every night I look at the American flag with the light shining on it, I LOVE my American Flag. A lot of good people gave a lot to protect our Country under the Red, White And Blue. Happy Trails.....

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I also fly the American Flag. I normally don't fly the flag when I am here in Melissa visiting our Daughter and family. Just not much here, just 6 concrete flags. However when we leave I always fly it where ever I go. Here is a diagram of the mast for the flag. I used 1" Sch 40 PVC rather than 3/4" PVC. I use a large metal post from the landscape timber area of Lowes. I don't use the washer listed on the diagram.

Also here is a place I purchased my flag. All US Flags Website.

Rotating PVC Flagpole Flag Pole.jpg

BC

davebennington

When we are at a campground for more than one day I proudly fly the American flag with the Heartland Owners Club flag under it.

When we are at a campground for a week or more I hang my banner.

Dave

Attachments

• DSC01318=1.jpg
    DSC01318=1.jpg
    547.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Our American Flag is proudly displayed as often as possible. Extreme wind or interference by trees is the only reason is wouldn't be up. We have a solar LED mounted to the ladder for night time.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We have proudly flown our American Flag for the last 2 weeks here at Ocean Lakes CG.The first few days I also flew our Heartland Owners Club Flag,but the wind was to strong for 2 flags on our flag pole,so the HOC flag came down.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Camp Gotchurwallet has a flag over it. I'll admit that sometimes I'm remiss in taking it down a dusk, though. I need to get a solar light for it.

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
We proudly fly our American flag and below it is our Golden Retriever flag, both of which are lit.