PDA

View Full Version : Flying the flag

PhotoPete
07-15-2011, 07:45 PM
I always fly an American Flag at my camp site. I noticed over the last week that very few others do. Just curious how many of you out there fly your countries flag?

jmgratz
07-15-2011, 07:55 PM
And the Texas flag

jayc
07-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Agree with Jim, American and Texas flags.

PhotoPete
07-15-2011, 08:02 PM
It's well known that you Texas boys are some pretty patriotic folk! ;-)

texaseagle
07-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Well I guess this Texan will be stepping up and shopping for a Texas Flag this weekend because we have only been flying the American Flag. One of the first times we went out camping several RV'ers had a Flag pole made out of PVC pipe so when we got home went on the internet and found the instructions to make my own.

Jim

PhotoPete
07-15-2011, 08:27 PM
I say one a year ago, had lights to shine up on it as well.

lmcclure
07-15-2011, 08:54 PM
We fly the American on top and the MIA under it. On the front of the rig we fly the American, Tennessee and Good Sam in smaller versions. I have purchased a solar light that I can tie wrap to the big pole to light up the American at night like it is supposed to be flown. A lot of people have fought for this flag including myself and a lot of people have given the ultimate sacrifice for it and I consider it my job to honor them.

Moose
07-15-2011, 09:01 PM
I have yet to camp in the USA so up till now I only flew the Canadian flag.

Maybe I will also fly my Provincial flag as well, like I do at my home (fly both).

I guess if the BH floated I'd be flying the flag of the Country whose water I was in too.

I see nothing wrong whatsoever in taking pride in flying your Nation's flag, In fact I encourage it. Wish more people would fly the flag at home.

caissiel
07-15-2011, 09:35 PM
I flew the Canadian/USA Banner and my provincial flag all winter while in Florida at my site.

I flew the banner because it was given to my by an american
I was going to fly my Canadian Flag but flew the given banner next to his site.
One more american flew the same banner on his site close to mine.

Delaine and Lindy
07-15-2011, 09:48 PM
I fly the American flag 365 days a year and a POW/MIA, and a "Don't Tread On Me and a Tennessee Flag... I have noticed less Americans flags this year for some reason. Almost every night I look at the American flag with the light shining on it, I LOVE my American Flag. A lot of good people gave a lot to protect our Country under the Red, White And Blue. Happy Trails.....

TXBobcat
07-15-2011, 10:56 PM
I also fly the American Flag. I normally don't fly the flag when I am here in Melissa visiting our Daughter and family. Just not much here, just 6 concrete flags. However when we leave I always fly it where ever I go. Here is a diagram of the mast for the flag. I used 1" Sch 40 PVC rather than 3/4" PVC. I use a large metal post from the landscape timber area of Lowes. I don't use the washer listed on the diagram.

Also here is a place I purchased my flag. All US Flags Website (http://www.united-states-flag.com/).

BC

TXBobcat
07-15-2011, 11:17 PM
In Addition here is something that not a lot of people know about Saluting the American Flag (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=s110-1877).

BC

davebennington
07-15-2011, 11:26 PM
When we are at a campground for more than one day I proudly fly the American flag with the Heartland Owners Club flag under it.

When we are at a campground for a week or more I hang my banner.

Dave

jddugan
07-15-2011, 11:26 PM
As a Viet Nam vet, I always fly my American flag. I wish everyone would stop and think about what our flag has endured.

The kit at this link is what I use. Simple enough for anyone to use.
http://tweetys.com/flagpolebuddy-16-kit.aspx

SouthernNights
07-16-2011, 05:44 AM

This is us but I really like Dave's banner.

Ray LeTourneau
07-16-2011, 05:53 AM
Our American Flag is proudly displayed as often as possible. Extreme wind or interference by trees is the only reason is wouldn't be up. We have a solar LED mounted to the ladder for night time.

trdeal
07-16-2011, 06:00 AM
We have proudly flown our American Flag for the last 2 weeks here at Ocean Lakes CG.The first few days I also flew our Heartland Owners Club Flag,but the wind was to strong for 2 flags on our flag pole,so the HOC flag came down.

JohnDar
07-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Camp Gotchurwallet has a flag over it. I'll admit that sometimes I'm remiss in taking it down a dusk, though. I need to get a solar light for it.

lmcclure
07-16-2011, 12:38 PM
This is our way, with a solar powered spot light on it at night. 14098

iforget
07-17-2011, 01:28 PM
We proudly fly our American flag and below it is our Golden Retriever flag, both of which are lit.

wdk450
07-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Well I guess this Texan will be stepping up and shopping for a Texas Flag this weekend because we have only been flying the American Flag. One of the first times we went out camping several RV'ers had a Flag pole made out of PVC pipe so when we got home went on the internet and found the instructions to make my own.

Jim

I've found that the standard, post mount flag base in the flag kits you get, can be mounted to the very front of 5th wheel hitch overhang plate with just a couple of small "C" clamps. That's how I do it. I will add a photo soon when I get to the rig in storage.

hillsonwheels
07-17-2011, 06:17 PM
I fly the American flag and a WV banner. The American flag is lit at night by solar spot lights that I have mounted on the swivel flag pole. Go Mountaineers!!!! and long live the USA!!!!!!

Dick

wdk450
07-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Our American Flag is proudly displayed as often as possible. Extreme wind or interference by trees is the only reason is wouldn't be up. We have a solar LED mounted to the ladder for night time.

Gang:
I was browsing at the 99 cent store this morning and found solar LED outdoor lights there. I was thinking about adding a couple to my steps, but the flag light is a great idea, too.

porthole
07-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Come on "photopete" - where is your flag picture?

Having only the laptop here at camp Delaware I don't have all my pictures. But I do have this one, nothing to do with camping, but one of my personal favorites.
This was taken at the top of Chimney Rock, North Carolina with two of my riding buddies. We have ridden 1000's of miles together.
The bloke on the left is Howie, left the Navy due to a car accident that severly injured his arm. Prior to that he worked for a unit that has been in the news lately.

PhotoPete
07-22-2011, 06:34 AM
Come on "photopete" - where is your flag picture?

Im working on it. my wife took a snap of me sitting by the camper the other day. i have to get it off her camera and into my computer. I'll post it as soon as i find her camera.

porthole
07-26-2011, 11:54 AM
OK, here is mine from this weekend at HOT Delaware.

artsbighorn
07-28-2011, 09:48 AM
Texan's first, U S citizen's 2nd

caokgafamily
07-28-2011, 11:48 AM
14428Old Glory at sunset!!!

mnkamper
07-29-2011, 08:02 AM
Absolutely..... Very proud to fly the American flag on top and MN flag underneath (though sometimes DW likes to fly the "Let's Party" flag underneath). The last things to respectfully put away at night and the first to go out in the morning! (should get a solar light though)

TXBobcat
07-29-2011, 08:39 AM
We bought our flag from the Online Store (http://www.united-states-flag.com). I bought the 3x5 outdoor flag (http://www.united-states-flag.com/outdoorflags.html) shown here.

BC

BruteForce
08-03-2011, 07:25 AM
Not only do I have a 25' flag pole in front of my home (with a 5x8 US flag) that's fully illuminated at night, but I also fly a collapsible pole with 5x8 US flag on my 5'er every time we go out.

FoxHunt
04-30-2012, 02:45 PM
We always fly the US Flag and she always has a light at night. In years past, we didn't always have a way to hang it, so we unwound some para-cord and strung her vertically between two trees. In lieu of a light, we used a torch to light it up. It was chilling seeing the flicker of the fire and the stars and bars hanging there. 100% of my parents children took the oath to uphold and defend this country and our Constitution. It is an honor to fly my Country's flag proudly.

Hillsononwheels, we are originally from WV as well and are graduates of WVU! I can't wait for Holgerson's football team to take the field in the Fall, it should be exciting!

Here is our newest set-up on the hard-side (the picture above was a trip with our pop-up)

Hastey
04-30-2012, 08:46 PM
I fly Old Glory at home at the family cemetery and a flag pole buddie on the 5er.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

robnmo
04-30-2012, 10:15 PM
We fly the American Flag on one side of the RV and an Air Force flag on the other side.

pegmikef
05-02-2012, 04:49 PM
We fly one American Flag next to the lake at our residence in Texas and another one when we are camping. Here's a couple of pix.

TomSt
05-02-2012, 05:22 PM
American flag along with NJ state flag and GoodSam flag.

tom & mary

TahoeCamper
05-02-2012, 10:30 PM
We always fly the flag. CW now carrys the Flag Pole Buddy. A quick and easy way to display from the ladder. You can also buy direct. CW model is 12' height. But they make them in 16' and 20'. Gotta come up with a solar light for night time.

LTZ
05-16-2012, 11:35 PM
We fly the American Flag on top, followed by the US Army Flag along with the Blue Star Military Flag. We have a son serving overseas now. Its the least we can do for those who have sacrifice so much for our country.