Garage Door not fully closing, any ideas?

TwoGypsies

I've noticed I can see a bit of daylight for about 3 feet of one side and maybe 1 foot horizontally at one top corner. It seems like the rubber has a lot of friction and it just stops moving in when I close the latch. It's happening on the driver side regardless of which latch I close first. It seems like a lubricant would help, and possibly an adjustment to the latch. Has anybody seen/resolved this before?

Thanks!

TwoGypsies

Thanks Kingcat,

I'll have to take some pictures and get back to my dealer with it as a warranty item. We're on the road until October so hopefully we don't get any heavy rains in the wrong direction.

TwoGypsies

Thx, having a fantastic time with 4 grandkids. We retired at the end of May and have been nothing but busy so far. The trailer has been just excellent, as has the new truck.

Kingcat

We stay pretty much in Alberta and bc, but are pulling down to sliver wood Idaho in august for a few weeks.

TwoGypsies

We ended up with an F350 1ton dually long box. We drove and loved the Duramax and the Ram. I thought the Duramax drove and handled the best. In fact, after our 1st test drive I assumed they had given us a short box to drive since it was so maneuverable. I also liked the feel of the engine and trans. We liked the Dodge interior and appointments the best but in the end we went with Ford due to a combination of features and price. It always feels 'big' when you drive it, and it's taken more getting used to than the others would have in my opinion.
We probably don't need a "truck war" thread to break out. I think we're fortunate to have some excellent options to choose from today and I think I would have been happy with any one of the big three.

TwoGypsies

In our case, we set out from Houston in early June and worked our way up through to DC. From there we headed north into Canada, crossing over at Gananoque. We visited relatives and headed west to the Sarnia area to pick up our Canadian grandkids. We brought the Texas ones with us and now have 4 with our oldest planning to fly into Las Vegas and join us for a couple of weeks. From Sarnia we went to South Dakota and spent some time in the Black Hills, then went to Yellowstone and then Carson City NV. From there we went to the San Francisco area and then yesterday we got over to Visalia. This is within range of the giant redwoods and we're going to take a day trip over there. We have an older Ford Expedition that we had to bring along as a troop carrier.
After this we go to Las Vegas to pick up grandson #5 and then it's the Grand Canyon, Bryce & Zion. We haven't worked out a route across Utah yet but the next stop will be the Durango area for several days. Then we move over to Colorado Springs, then down to Carlsbad Caverns by way of Roswell. Finally, we will camp near San Antonio and do some river tubing if Texas has any water left in the Frio River. From there we will drop off the Texans near Houston and then take the Canadians home. By then I should be getting better at backing this rig up.
Then we will take a breath and relax a bit. We have a Road King that we'll load and have been talking about going to the Keys for a month or so in December-January.

Kingcat

Great choice on the ford.I had a 2006 f350 and just loved it, but the cyclone 3800 dry weight is coming in around 14,750# and when completely loaded closer to 18000, sold my ford and just bought a new duramax..... So far another great truck

tgdameron

I too have the same problem in the same area. I measured the door and found that it is that way due to the way it was installed at the factory. I added some weather stripping to that area and now it seals up fairly well. The overhang above the door should get all but hurricane or monsoon driven rain out of the door. I am afraid that the dealer will make a bigger mess in replacing the door.

TwoGypsies

I too have the same problem in the same area. I measured the door and found that it is that way due to the way it was installed at the factory. I added some weather stripping to that area and now it seals up fairly well. The overhang above the door should get all but hurricane or monsoon driven rain out of the door. I am afraid that the dealer will make a bigger mess in replacing the door.

Thanks tg, I'll get a much closer look at mine before I take any action. Mine can easily be forced closed by getting up on a ladder and pushing it in. It's almost like it's too airtight. If the latches were higher up I think it would force it closed but you're right. I'll take some measurements and figure out if it & the opening are both square.