Door Window

frano

We are waiting for our 2012 Edge to arrive (on order) and have been wondering about the glass in the entry door. I've seen pictures of clear glass in the door, but how can it be made private? Is there a shade, one-way glass? We ordered our Edge without seeing one at the dealers and did not pay attention to the door glass in the other models. Thanks.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Unless there's something different out there, the door glass is usually a stipled surface like a shower door, making it impossible to see clearly through it from either side.

Yellowreef

It's not clear, it's translucent and you cannot see through. I installed a solar shade over mine so that it will stay dark in the morning until we get up. But other than light no worries there.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I installed a new window in my door also and you can't see inside through the window. 1st because you will have to be about 8ft to see in an then it has no clear glass in the window..

DSC_1526M2.jpg

BC

JohnDar

I installed a new window in my door also and you can't see inside through the window. 1st because you will have to be about 8ft to see in an then it has no clear glass in the window..

View attachment 14178

BC

Where did you get that, Bob? Was it the two crazy ladies that didn't make it to the 2011 Goshen rally? We wanted to see them, but they had to cancel due to health problems.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Where did you get that, Bob? Was it the two crazy ladies that didn't make it to the 2011 Goshen rally? We wanted to see them, but they had to cancel due to health problems.

No, the two crazy ladies do not make the windows, just signs and tags. We got the window at the Goshen Rally in 2009. There was a rally before us and they had some left over and this was one of them. Some of the others in our rally bought some also. Not sure who they were.

I think some have found a place around Mission TX when they were around the Mexico area. Ours was made in Mexico. Found a place on the internet that made them also but they wanted $300-400 each. This one was $107 and the company is J&M Enterprises (found it in my Quicken account).

Here is a place that sells them but they are very expensive. RV Stain Glass.

I just found this thread about venders at the Goshen rally in 2009. Jim Belenti's post (#3) indicates the company.

BC

JohnDar

Thanks, Bob. I could not find a website for a J&M Enterprises that did RV windows. Looked at the RV Stained Glass site, though. Prices aren't real bad.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
I had a customized stain glass window made by J&M for my Big Horn door. The grand kids designed it and colored it. Then I sent the copy to J&M for a quote. They made the window and it turned out great, and it fit perfectly. Communication was good from J&M. Good luck.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I had a customized stain glass window made by J&M for my Big Horn door. The grand kids designed it and colored it. Then I sent the copy to J&M for a quote. They made the window and it turned out great, and it fit perfectly. Communication was good from J&M. Good luck.

Hay Tom.. that is great.. How did you contact them. Would you post a website, phone number or address that you used.

BC

traveler44

Most RVs come with the "pebble glass" in the door. I wanted something I could see out of on ours so I replaced ours with Lexan and put self sticking window tint on the inside and a decal of a grizzly bear scene. I like being able to see who's at the door before I open it and the other windows on that side were not handy for that. Tom M.

We just got a 2012 Edge M22. The window on the door is translucent but private. It allows light in but you cannot see inside. The interior screen door is regular glass and is clear.

We are waiting for our 2012 Edge to arrive (on order) and have been wondering about the glass in the entry door. I've seen pictures of clear glass in the door, but how can it be made private? Is there a shade, one-way glass? We ordered our Edge without seeing one at the dealers and did not pay attention to the door glass in the other models. Thanks.