Where should we hold the 2014 North American Heartland Owners Rally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Hey all,

Everyone even numbered year, we hold the North American Heartland Owners Rally "on the road" somewhere in North America. I'd like to get some feedback on where we should consider to have our 2014 North American Heartland Owners Rally. Use this thread to give your feedback and generally chat this up :)

Past and planned North American Rally locations
  • 2006: Goshen, Indiana
  • 2007: Goshen Indiana
  • 2008: Branson, Missouri
  • 2009: Goshen, Indiana
  • 2010: Nashville, Tennessee
  • 2011: Goshen, Indiana
  • 2012: Gillette, Wyoming
  • 2013: Goshen, Indiana
  • 2014: Bethpage Camp Resort in Urbanna, VA
  • 2015: Goshen, Indiana (future event)
  • 2016: To be determined
  • 2017: Goshen, Indiana (future event)
So here's the criteria I try to use when considering a location and venue for the "on the road" North American Heartland Owners Rally:

Timing
June 12 through Sunday, June 15, 2014
Geographic Boundary

• Within the U.S. or Canada

Specific Geographic Location

• Where we have not previously held this event
  • In a region where up to 1,000 Heartland rigs exist, where can attract up to 200 of those rigs

Venue

• Caters to rallies
  • Has 300 or more sites
  • Has availability during our time-frame
  • Is a "destination" or has enough attraction on either side of it where attendees may use the rally as one stop on their vacation
Map showing past/planned locations (click here to interact with map)
Google ChromeScreenSnapz100.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim, Right now we are in Zion National Park, Utah. The northern Arizona, southern Utah area is amazing for natural wonders and scenery. Look here;http://www.utah.com/nationalparks/
Plus the weather is fantastic as a rule and no big city crowds.
I know it would be a bit of a drive for some folks, but it's a slice of the U.S. many people never get to experience. I'm going to throw this in the hat. How about somewhere in this area?
Plus, it just might generate more interest in the Heartland product in the southwest, where we don't see as many. Trace

Last edited:

davebennington

When we were at the GA rally we checked out the area and they have a great facility at Perry, GA. What about there?

Dave

jbeletti

Jim, Right now we are in Zion National Park, Utah. The northern Arizona, southern Utah area is amazing for natural wonders and scenery. Look here;http://www.utah.com/nationalparks/
Plus the weather is fantastic as a rule.
I know it would be a bit of a drive for some folks, but it's a slice of the U.S. many people never get to experience. I'm going to throw this in the hat.
Plus, it just might generate more interest in the Heartland product in the southwest. Trace

Trace,

I've never had a rally at a national park. Can one reserve 200 sites a year in advance? Check into it while you are there. Thanks,

Jim

TandT

Jim,
I didn't necessarily mean in one of the national parks, just somewhere in the area. However, I will check into it while I'm in the area.

The only problem with National Parks is most do not have full hookups.

The one we are in is Zion Canyon Campground. Only has 125 sites. Although they can support rallys.

Here's one in nearby St George that supports around 260 and seems to have a great resume for rallys. Although I have not been there. (Yet)
http://templeviewrv.com/rallies.html

I will keep looking. Trace

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Amana, Iowa has held big Rallies for other events... Rapid City South Dakota area.............Up State New York.... When we were ***'t State Directors for Good Sam, we looked at Fairgrounds..

wdk450

From the previous National Rally locations it would seem that the South, Midwest and West have had (are having) their turns. It would seem to me that it is the East/New England's turn. Anybody have suggeestions in that area?
Seems to me I have heard of a nice place in the Gettysburg, Pa. area. I just went to RVParkReviews,com looked up Gettysburg, and was blown away to see that there are about 1800 RV sites at some big campgrounds in the area. Some of these RV places had 400 or more sites!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I will confess that we haven't been there but alot of our Good Sam's folks have used Tom Johnson Camping Center and Rally Park in Marion, NC for large rallies. The campground has 542 site accommodating big rigs. It's near Charlotte NC with lots to do. B--

dieselsweetheart

Bill, the Northeast regional rally is going to be held for the first time next year. Although not the "national" rally, it will be a considerable size and all are invited to attend. The problem with New England states, there aren't many owners in that area. I'm sure Greg "Freckles" Dean (NY chapter leader) can elaborate, he is chapter leader for all those states since they have so few owners....

TandT

From the previous National Rally locations it would seem that the South, Midwest and West have had (are having) their turns. It would seem to me that it is the East/New England's turn. Anybody have suggeestions in that area?Seems to me I have heard of a nice place in the Gettysburg, Pa. area. I just went to RVParkReviews,com looked up Gettysburg, and was blown away to see that there are about 1800 RV sites at some big campgrounds in the area. Some of these RV places had 400 or more sites!
I missed seeing the one in the west. Where was that one? According to Wikipedia, Gillette Wyoming is in the west by 50 miles. ;-)

Last edited:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I will confess that we haven't been there but alot of our Good Sam's folks have used Tom Johnson Camping Center and Rally Park in Marion, NC for large rallies. The campground has 542 site accommodating big rigs. It's near Charlotte NC with lots to do. B--

We have vended at several rallys at Tom Johnson's...it is a GREAT rally park!!! Can hold several hundred rigs no problem...great hookups and nice flat sites. This park kinda reminds me of Goshen Fairgrounds, but all the sites are consistant in their set-up and layout. That would be a good location to have something on the east coast...not quite New England, but close enough!!

The only problem might be that Tom Johnson's is not a Heartland dealer, or at least they weren't when we were there last year...might not be an issue though.

P.S. Just took this from TJ's rally park website..

"The Rally Park at Tom Johnson Camping Center is the perfect location for your group's next RV club event or rally! We offer a 477-site Rally Park, fully equipped with everything a modern camper needs: full-service, handicapped-accessible bathhouses, full hook-up on 330 sites with power, water, and sewer, additional 176 with power and water only, 300 dry camping sites, playground, bonfire ring, horseshoe pit, pavilion seating for up to 2,000 people with kitchen, entertainment stage with sound system, and outdoor amphitheater that's perfect for smaller gatherings and special presentations."

rasllyamphi_large.jpg
rallypav2_large.jpg

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Mill Creek Ranch in Canton, Tx would be a great place for a rally. Plenty of sites and a beautiful rally hall. Canton is right on Interstate 20 so it is easy access and only about 40 miles from Dallas Tx.

shovelguy

If you are going to call Wyoming "the West" then just where does that put those of us in Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, Utah, Nevada? We just came from the Good Sam Rally in Redmond, Or. and the fairgrounds there could certainly handle Heartland. It was a beautiful place. Just thinking.

Trace, Bill is likely referring to Gillette, WY which will have taken place 2 years prior to the 2014 rally in question.

Jim

GETnBYE

The only problem might be that Tom Johnson's is not a Heartland dealer, or at least they weren't when we were there last year...might not be an issue though.

I was thinking that also, but it might be a good way for his customers to see something different and BETTER! ha

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I was thinking that also, but it might be a good way for his customers to see something different and BETTER! ha

This actually got my curiosity peaked, so I called and talked with Tom, Jr....he said they would gladly host a Heartland rally, and would even allow a Heartland dealer to bring rigs in for display. He would, however, have to charge them a vending fee, which is not unusal.

This might turn out to be a very good east coast option!!

How about Nevada Treasure RV Resort in Pahrump, Nevada. Never been there, but their web site sure looks nice and they do hold rallys.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.