Front End Push-in.

WooferD

Hi, I recently purchased a 2011 North Trail 29 BUDS. I have taken it out twice so far. I have been noticing the front of the trailer just above the diamond plating is pushed in and some of the plating as well. The dent is about 4 to 5 feet across. Probably coming from the air pressure off the tow vehicle. The dealer service center told me that the manufacturer said that that was normal. I really don't think that is normal. Anybody out there experienced the same thing or have some thoughts.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Taking a photo of the area will sure help us view your concerns. Try taking a picture of that area with a streight edge across each corner to show how deep the impression is.

DMFARIN

Hi - I have a 2011 North Trail 26RKS with a similar type of push in on the front end, though I don't believe it is into the diamond plating. I was trying to figure out how that happened and we did not notice it during our initial inspection at delivery. I haven't discussed it with my dealer. I thought I would try getting a suction cup body tool to try to pull it out. I'm interested in any responses you get.

irvin56

Mine has been that way since new. I don't have the diamond plate on mine. It's at the bottom of area that the frame and front meets. no damage, no seams busted. I was told that it was from the way the unit frame and fiberglass meets and flexs over time. some units yrs ago were fixed as there was problems at first. mine was checked out and it was not one that was recalled.
Check out the past NorthTrail forums and can see some problem and fixs do in the past.
just make sure the chaulking is good or have it redone.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had some issues with this as well as a bubble in front cap with our 2008 NT. Heartland authorized a complete front cap replacement, and supposedly added some reinforcement. We were under warranty at the time. They did not add the diamond plate. We traded the unit in on our ER in 2010...we did not have any additional problems with it before we traded it.

Hope this helps.

E

WooferD

Thanks for the response from everybody. Sorry that I haven't got back to anyone sooner. My password wasn't working correctly. Anyways, I contacted the Heartland rep for this area and he told me that it shouldn't be pushing in like that. He was going to contact my dealer, who told me that was normal. I will be taking photos as soon as I can.

brink

I have a North Trail 28BHS that does not have the diamond plate on the front end. I have a little sag about halfway up the front but more alarmingly have "wrinkles" at the bottem of the front on both sides, sort of inline with the wheels on the tow vehicle. I've got to think water is getting in, unless it drains out somehow...

jimtoo

Hi brink,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Hopefully someone that has a North Trail will jump in soon with some help.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

BorgX

2011 21FBS with the same issue (has the diamond plating). Took it to my dealer under warranty and Heartland authorized the entire front cap to be replaced and reinforced. Done and it looks great.