Alert for UML290 users - DO NOT UPGRADE FIRMWARE

3Gstore

I wanted to give anybody using the Verizon UML290 a heads up and let them know to be wary of a new firmware update (L0290VWB522F.242) being rolled out through VZAccess Manager and DO NOT UPDATE IT. If you're using this in conjunction with a Cradlepoint or Nexaira product you may experience serious connection issues.

I spoke with Brian at WiFi Ranger and he's updated his UML290 and confirmed the WiFi Ranger is indeed working with the new update, but I'd still recommend avoiding this update if things seem to be working for you now!

jbeletti

Matt,Thanks for the heads up on this. I am on my 3rd UML290. Doubt the other 2 were bad, but Verizon was out of options trying to get it working on non-4G cell sites. I am usually using the modem in a Cradle Point CBA250 network adapter. Working slowly but consistently all week in Elkhart, Indiana. Jim

3Gstore

Matt,Thanks for the heads up on this. I am on my 3rd UML290. Doubt the other 2 were bad, but Verizon was out of options trying to get it working on non-4G cell sites. I am usually using the modem in a Cradle Point CBA250 network adapter. Working slowly but consistently all week in Elkhart, Indiana. Jim

Well that's good to hear, what firmware version are you using the CBA250? I wouldn't fix what isn't broken but I was just curious.