Running A/C while towing

jnbhobe

Re: Rinning A/C while towing

I have 32 foot Eagle Ridge and would like to know if it is ok to run A/C while towing?

First of all, How big of a generator do you have ?? and is it in a compartment of its own with a transfer switch.

trvlrerik

During the last week I have been running both air conditioners and the fridge while towing. If your genset will handle the load. So far I have not had a heat fault in the generator and it has averaged over 100 degrees.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

Yes, I will run mine on occasion to cool the rig down before we stop for the day. I usually run only the main a/c while driving.
When I start my generator, my refer. is set on auto and will go to the electric mode.
I have never had any issues and I am in the desert frequently.

Last edited:

porthole

Retired

We will run the AC/genny when either Deb is in the trailer or we just want to cool down the trailer before arriving. I was planning on starting the AC about a half hour before arriving at camp Jellystone, but some fairly heavy rains cooled things down well enough.

DougS

Doug S

I have run my two Honda's and main AC while driving to pre cool the RV. I have the Honda's in the back of the PU and a 30 amp shore line at the king pin.