Drummerboy Campground, Gettysburg, PA

Jim & Harriet

hi folks,
just wondered if anyone has stayed at the Drummer Campground near Gettysburg, PA?
looks nice but there are lots of "seasonal" sites. looking at this for a family reunion in
2012 and we need RV sites + cabins and cottages.

any comments would be appreciated. or if anyone has other suggestions - please let us
know.
thanks for your help.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We stayed there a few years back and found it to be a nice campground. The daughter and wife loved the pool. Easy to get to. The only issue I had was the sites were somewhat small. Not all sites were small, so I would definately let them know what size rig you have. I do not know how it compares to the other campgrounds in the area, but we would stay there again.

Jamie

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
We stayed there several years back and would return w/o hesitation. In fact we would not even try any other area campgrounds Drummer Boy had all we needed and wanted and it was clean and well managed.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We drove thru Drummerboy Campground and decided to stay at Gettysburg Campground http://gettysburgcampground.com on the west side of town. As stated above, the sites ran a little small and on the lower side of the cg, the sites were uneven and on a hill. Jim Beletti had a picture of having to raise one side of his coach where his tires were totally off the ground. Gettysburg CG is flat, pretty good shade, less than 2 miles from town and right on the edge of the Battlegrounds.

Jim & Harriet

hi all and thanks for the information. Nabo - when you say the "lower side" of the CG - was that near the entrance?
the Gettysburg CG is actually my choice but we need more cabins and cottages than what they have so we are
looking at Drummerboy. the area we'd like with the cabins etc. is at end of the cg with the big pool with the water
slide. I am hoping that is not where Jim B. had that very unlevel site. looking forward to seeing both of you in a few
weeks!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
The site we had required no leveling and all hookups were very close and required no extentions. Problem is, I can't remember the site number. Sorry.

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
Hi,

We stayed at Drummer Boy more then 30 times in the last 15 years. Only 35 min from the house. Sites are nice if you are in the lower part of the campground. Road noise from the highway is loud at times . It`s one of the higher price campgroung in G-Burg. Golf cart up and down the road all day. We like more kicked back places to relax

Wayne

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
The sites the office gave us to look at were in what they called the newer section which was down the hill to the right of the entrance which was a pretty good distance from the entrance if I remember correctly. Near the entrance on top of the hill, I do remember lots of road noise - it isn't an interstate but a major 4 lane road.

porthole

Retired
How level do campsites need to be? If they were all perfectly level I think it would be fairly boring. As to being so un-level that the wheels are off the ground, I think has more to do with the way how level up works.

Two trailers, side by side, 1 with LU and 1 without - the LU trailer may very well have one side's wheels off the ground. If the non LU trailer was "leveled" without boards or "lego blocks" it very well may also have the wheels off the ground Of course, without LU this would require the use of "sky hooks".

The automatic feature of the LU tends to raise the trailer 2-4 inches more then it actually needs to, to be level. I have found that if the door side ends up being too high it is very easy to re-level the trailer with just the minimum use of the jacks.

We have been to campgrounds that were level, "packed gravel ,40-80, concrete patios, swing benches complete with hanging floral baskets (Watkins Glen)" and those that required a bit of ingenuity, dog camp where the trailer was so high we how to build steps to get in.
We had fun at both.

truknutt

Committed Member
hi folks,
just wondered if anyone has stayed at the Drummer Campground near Gettysburg, PA?
looks nice but there are lots of "seasonal" sites. looking at this for a family reunion in
2012 and we need RV sites + cabins and cottages.

any comments would be appreciated. or if anyone has other suggestions - please let us
know.
thanks for your help.

PM Ken & Kathy Adams (of Rescue Tape fame); I believe this is their "homebase CG".