2010/2011 Dodge Owners---

rustyshakelford

I am having a problem with my new TV's integrated brakes. I have to keep it set on 10 for the gain, but it still doesnt apply the amount of braking power that I need or am used to with my old chevy.

The most power that it will show is 30 or what im assuming is 30%. This is also displayed on the evic. I fortunately haven't had to do any emergency stops, but when i have to slow down quickly for a stop light, I have to manually move the slide to get it stopped in time. At that time, I can get it to apply almost full brakes.

I have taken it to the dealer and they are saying this is the first they have heard about it. Is anyone else having this issue with the integrated brake controller?

thanks

brett

hoefler

I have found that you have to be braking pretty hard, or stab the brakes hard to get it to really brake hard.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
My Dodge is set on 6 and it stops just fine. I've not had to make a panic stop but have had to slow down in a hurry and it stopped well.

rustyshakelford

My Dodge is set on 6 and it stops just fine. I've not had to make a panic stop but have had to slow down in a hurry and it stopped well.

i just got back from the dealership. they wanted to swap controllers out and it seems to have helped some. it actually will give me some assistance when im coming up to a stop instead of only working when i am using the brakes aggressively.

the service adviser (Robert Foreman) at demondtrond in conroe is awesome. He has helped me ever since I had my 06 cummins. Another customer is coming in with a similer sized 5th wheel and he said he will ride with him and compare the experience with mine. Like you Jay he said it only runs on 5.5-6 and stops well

brett

GOTTOYS

My 2010 isn't so hot either. I have it set on 10 thought it might just be the nature of the beast. Maybe I'll go see the Dodge boys and have them check it out....Don

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
I have mine set on 8 and it seems to stop it fairly easily. I have noticed that the longer I hold on the brake and the harder I hold that the percentage goes up faster. When I test it with the controller switch built it grabs immediately.

rustyshakelford

I have mine set on 8 and it seems to stop it fairly easily. I have noticed that the longer I hold on the brake and the harder I hold that the percentage goes up faster. When I test it with the controller switch built it grabs immediately.

that sounds about how the new one is operating so far. My issue is that my controller is maxed and when coming up to a stop light, im still only getting ~30% (im assuming the measurement) and the trailer feels like its pushing me into the intersection. Thanks goodness for the exhaust brake!

i am relively new to towing compared to many members here but I have towed trailers that have working brakes for about 20k miles and that is what im baseing my thoughts on.

brett

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
that sounds about how the new one is operating so far. My issue is that my controller is maxed and when coming up to a stop light, im still only getting ~30% (im assuming the measurement) and the trailer feels like its pushing me into the intersection. Thanks goodness for the exhaust brake!

i am relively new to towing compared to many members here but I have towed trailers that have working brakes for about 20k miles and that is what im baseing my thoughts on.

brett

I have seen mine go up to 80% when I happened to glance at it one day.

hoefler

I watched mine today, on long braking, it will go to about 80%. Short braking, I saw about 30%. Hard braking it goes to 80% pretty quick, and is slow to turn off when you let off the brakes.