Countdown

Rodbuster

This time tomorrow, reckon where I'll be....

I'll have about 100 miles under my belt tomorrow morning at this time.
Our "first" trip with our "first" RV.
Leaving Florida and on our way to New Hampshire for a couple of weeks. We're both really looking forward to it.

Wish me luck and thank you all again very much for all the help and guidance that you have given me in the past 2 months. You have helped me very much.
I'm sure I'll have many more questions.

Rodbuster

danemayer

Rodbuster, over your first few hundred miles, don't overlook torquing the wheel lugnuts as the owner's manual instructs. It took a while for mine to settle down.

brianharrison

Good luck and have fun!

For myself, I always stop often on my first day out on a trip, to check over the main areas - lug nuts, tire temperatures (trailer and tv), drum/bearing temperatures (trailer), etc. A walk around makes me feel more at ease.

Dont forget you are towing 38 feet behind you - make wide turns and watch in your mirrors. Oh yeah, if you pull into a rest stop/parking lot, make sure you can get out without having to back up or jack knife. That's a PITA (Pain in the A**)

Based on all your posts and desire to know your trailer, I'm sure you are well prepared.

Take care,
Brian

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Where are you staying in New Hampshire...we'll be in the area ourselves. Might be able to help with any questions or concerns you have after your first trip...be safe...Kathy and Ken:D