Sleeping in the garage in Las Vegas heat

TwoGypsies

Someone was wondering whether they should install a 3rd AC since they were planning some hot weather camping with people sleeping in the garage. We just spent our 2nd night in Las Vegas in our 3812. We have the optional 2nd AC and with both units running flat out and all doors open we got the garage down to 73 around midnight. By morning as the sun rose it came up to 76. The grandkids had no problem sleeping in until 10 yesterday. We put a fairly big fan in the garage doorway. We don't have double windows or any extra insulation (at least not yet.)
Yesterday it was 107 and the day before we saw 111 on the truck's thermometer, so this is likely as bad as it's going to get. It seems you can get by ok with 2 AC's.

TwoGypsies

How are the temps during the middle of that day?Brett

I'm still the only one awake, must be a grampa curse. I just checked and as of 10:20 it has risen to 81. I'll try to remember to check it this afternoon. I'm pretty sure it doesn't get any hotter than it is right now.

mountain1

i have one of the units that only vents through the window, no water to drain. I have the small one and when it is 99 degrees it will bring my garage down to the mid 60s with four dogs back there.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Mountain1 what brand do you have and have you had any problems with it?
Lee, the brand I saw and would consider high on the list was an LG. Very quiet and the owner was pleased. He had it in a mobile office. Check out compact appliance.com