Interested in 2011 Cyclone 3612

colestat

I have a couple questions to anyone who owns one.

- are they any reading lights above or near the master bed?

- when the sofa/dinette slide is in can you walk between the dinette and the sink cabinet or do they end up touching - it looks like it would be very tight?

- does the loft bed have storage cabinets up there at all?

- does it tow smoothly, I read somewhere that it was jerky

- do you find it lacking for storgae in the living room. We currently have a unit with a sofa/dinette slide and it has cabinets all along the top of the slide and storage under the 2 dinette benches. I am wondering where I will go with all that stuff.

- does the bedroom slide when in touch the bed?

Thank you

jimtoo

Hi colestat,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I moved your post to the Cyclone area, where hopefully you will get the information your looking for.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

frumbawa

Welcome to the forum Colestat. Sorry to see you did not receive a response to your very first post. We are also considering a 3612 in the near future so I was looking forward to the answers to your question. Hopefully those in the know will chime in.

Frank

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
sorry for late response

- are they any reading lights above or near the master bed? - yes there are

- when the sofa/dinette slide is in can you walk between the dinette and the sink cabinet or do they end up touching - it looks like it would be very tight? - Yes but it is very tight

- does the loft bed have storage cabinets up there at all? - Yes it does have storage

- does it tow smoothly, I read somewhere that it was jerky - I have towed many units and the 3612 as well as all Cyclones tow VERY well the EZ-Flex suspension system makes a signifigant difference in the ride quality

- do you find it lacking for storgae in the living room. We currently have a unit with a sofa/dinette slide and it has cabinets all along the top of the slide and storage under the 2 dinette benches. I am wondering where I will go with all that stuff. - The 3612 is quite a bit of storage, and has more than most of the other cyclone floor plans

- does the bedroom slide when in touch the bed? - Yes

I hope that I have answered most of your questions if not feel free to post more

gpshemi

Mines a 2010, but I'll chime in as well.

- No reading lights over the master bed, but there is a typical two sided camper light. We find it too bright and "in your face" to read by. I'd like to add reading lights to each side.

- Our dinette basically comes up to the sink. We have to either climb over the countertop (not recommended) or step on the couch (not my favorite idea. Worse yet, you can't open the garage door due to the slide being in. The good news is the outer fridge negates the need for having to get to the fridge. You can use the sink from the backside still obviously.

- There aren't not cabinets, but cubby's on either side of an opening for a TV.

- Tows better than my Keystone Laredo did. Over all I'm pretty happy, but I think a set of Trail Air shackles are in my future regardless.

- There's a ton of storage in the 3612, including those you listed, but accessing some in the kitchen can be tough. Many of them are pretty high. I'm 6'1" so it's not too bad for me, but my wife has a step stool she keeps in the sofa storage.

- The bedroom slide touches the bed, and blocks the drawers on that side from opening. That's a good and bad thing.

You can PM me as well.

I have a couple questions to anyone who owns one.

- are they any reading lights above or near the master bed?

- when the sofa/dinette slide is in can you walk between the dinette and the sink cabinet or do they end up touching - it looks like it would be very tight?

- does the loft bed have storage cabinets up there at all?

- does it tow smoothly, I read somewhere that it was jerky

- do you find it lacking for storgae in the living room. We currently have a unit with a sofa/dinette slide and it has cabinets all along the top of the slide and storage under the 2 dinette benches. I am wondering where I will go with all that stuff.

- does the bedroom slide when in touch the bed?

Thank you