2011 ElkRidge E26

Susie

We just bought an elkridge e26. We are super excited. We are scheduled to do our PDI on Tues. I went to the dealer website to drool over our new camper and I notcied a few things that were different between our e26 and the other e26's. Ours does not have a headboard or a curtain. The fridge is wood grained and in the master, their are 2- 1/2 length wardrobes. I started to panic, that maybe this was really a 2010 or something. Did the finish some e26s differently than others, if so, why?

Last edited:

jimtoo

Hi Susie,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Hopefully you can get the answers you need here. They do make changes sometimes and the pictures you were looking at may be from a different model even. Work with your dealer and do a really good PDI.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Suzie,

Congrats on your purchase! Where in Texas are you?

As far as different pics, sometimes the manufacturers make "running line changes" that are not announced, making the units rolling off look different than the brochure or the Mfg. website. Sometimes supplied products are not available, or suppliers change mid-year. I have a 2010 model, but it's an early one, mfg. Oct 2009), and I have seen some slight modifications on some later 2010's. If what you have is not what you want, discuss it with the dealer. They may be able to sell you a different unit. But I don't know if you'll get the same price. Like autos, the longer they sit on the lot, sometimes you can make a better deal.

Hope this helps!

E

Susie

Thanks Jim,

They are the same model, but mine looks different. Infact ours looks different from the dealer floorplan listed for the e26. Our floor is a wood grain vinyl and most have a tile looking floor. We like ours but I just wonder why it would be SO different and what other difference we should look for...will it still have all of the features listed in the dealer brocure? Enclosed underbelly and such? tight turning radius? They tell us it is a 2011 but I don't get why it would look so different than the other 2011 which all look the same.

Here are what most e26's bedrooms look like...
Standard:

4689248_8.jpg

Ours:
311387.jpg

kitchen (ours has extra trim, fridg panel & no bunk curtain)
Ours:

311383.jpg

Standard:
4689248_5.jpg

Susie

Suzie,

Congrats on your purchase! Where in Texas are you?

As far as different pics, sometimes the manufacturers make "running line changes" that are not announced, making the units rolling off look different than the brochure or the Mfg. website. Sometimes supplied products are not available, or suppliers change mid-year. I have a 2010 model, but it's an early one, mfg. Oct 2009), and I have seen some slight modifications on some later 2010's. If what you have is not what you want, discuss it with the dealer. They may be able to sell you a different unit. But I don't know if you'll get the same price. Like autos, the longer they sit on the lot, sometimes you can make a better deal.

Hope this helps!

E

TY! Thank makes since. Actually we like it better than all of the other ones. We like to be different. My grocery getter is an orange f350, lol. We are in the Dallas area. Rowlett, just NE of Dallas. What about you?

TravelTiger

TY! Thank makes since. Actually we like it better than all of the other ones. We like to be different. My grocery getter is an orange f350, lol. We are in the Dallas area. Rowlett, just NE of Dallas. What about you?

Ha! we are practically neighbors. We are in Terrell, just south of Rockwall.

And yes, It looks like upgrades were implemented by the factory. The added detail trim, the woodgrain look fridge is an upgrade from black, and cabinetry is a very nice addition, much better than before!

Something else you can do, if you have the VIN number for the trailer, is call Heartland Customer Service. They can tell you when it was manufactured.

E

Last edited:

Susie

We are! My oldest is on a basketball team that practices in Terrell at the First Baptist Church on Tuesdays so we are in Terrell every week.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Susie...
I think you made out, I like the wood floor look also! :cool:
Welcome to the forum... Have fun and enjoy!
(we're 45 miles north of Dallas, our numbers are growing!)
Bret

TravelTiger

Small world!Be sure to look into coming to the next Heartland Texas Chapter Rally, in Canton, TX. Check it out here://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/20099-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-TX-Canton-10-7-2011-to-10-9-2011?p=154352

Last edited:

GOTTOYS

Your's looks a lot nicer. Extra shirt closet, nicer trim on kitchen cabinets, wood front on refer, stove burner cover. I'm sure all the major items are the same, just little changes in the trim. Could be an early or late version of a 2011. Look at the VIN plate on the front left corner. Mfg. date should be on there. Nice rig!..Don

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Erika,
I was getting ready to invite them to the rally and see that you beat me to it! Want a job?

Susie and Bret, we're expecting to have another great time in Canton. It will be our first time there, so we hope you can make it.

TravelTiger

Erika,
I was getting ready to invite them to the rally and see that you beat me to it! Want a job?

Susie and Bret, we're expecting to have another great time in Canton. It will be our first time there, so we hope you can make it.

Jay, I have to attend a rally before I can commit to anything beyond that! ;)