My MPG slide weather stripping is coming loose from the camper body??

marc515

My MPG slide weather stripping is coming off the camper body??

Our MPG is only 10 months old, and now the weather stripping for the slide is coming off the body; looks like the glue or glue on the 2-sided tape was not up to spec. Since we are the 2nd owners, we have no warranty, but hard to believe the gasket is falling off after only 10 months. Add this to the bubbles in our slide-out roof, and we have serious concerns with Heartland's quality control

The gasket itself is in excellent condition, and it looks like I would only need to take the gasket off, remove the old double sided tape/glue, and re-install; or is there some sealant/glue I could use rather than having to remove all the weather stripping??

Any of you guys experienced this? What is the fix?

IMG_1654.JPG

Last edited:

Yellowreef

Re: My MPG slide weather stripping is coming off the camper body??

Those are normally attached with clips from the back. I cant tell from the picture, but are you saying the rubber separated from the clip? If so, and you still have the clip, you can use the same glue that is used to attach the black weather stripping seals around car doors. That is only to reattach the clip to the rubber though. The attachment of the gasket to the coach should be the clips. I hope I made sense, good luck.

marc515

Re: My MPG slide weather stripping is coming off the camper body??

There are no clips that I can see. The gasket looks like it was attached with some kind of thin double sided tape or adhesive.